Worms...AGAIN. Please help...I dont know what I can use now!

Abermectin is NOT the same as Ivermectin and Albendazole is NOT better than Fenbendazole for what it's used for in Worm Eradicator.

What your doing is mixing and matching different de-worming products and trying to compare them to Worm Eradicator which is a stand alone product. I get that anybody can go find the same ingredients and do their own weighing and measuring risking harm to the animal.
You could say this product is not for the adventurous.
Accoring to studies, albendazole is a more effective wormer than fenbendazole. Abermectin is in the same class of wormers as ivermectin. So tell me, how is Worm Eradicator better than the two products I posted about?

-Kathy

Last edited:
Accoring to studies, albendazole is a more effective wormer than fenbendazole. Abermectin is in the same class of wormers as ivermectin. So tell me,  how is Worm Eradicator better than the two products I posted about? 

-Kathy

http://www.merckvetmanual.com/mvm/pharmacology/anthelmintics/benzimidazoles.html

As for Abamectin? It has it's uses, but for what the Ivermectin is used for in Worm Eradicator, Abermectin would not, and could not do the same thing.
Basically if you want a expanation and lesson on how and why Ivermectin and Abermectin differ and are not used in the same manner for the same things GOOGlE IT instead of trying to go round and round with me about it.

Last edited:
Albendazole vs fenbendazole...

Did you know that a single dose of albendazole at 20mg/kg will treat roundworms, cecal worms, capillary worms and some species of tapeworms?

The suggested dose of fenbendazole to treat capillary worms is 50mg/kg for *5* consecutive days!

-Kathy

The ingredients are listed, Google is your friend, you can do your own homework.

All you really need to know is this product is legit, superb, it's here to stay, and you don't have to buy it if you don't like me, or the fact that it even exists.

Last edited:
Albendazole vs fenbendazole...

Did you know that a single dose of albendazole at 20mg/kg will treat roundworms, cecal worms, capillary worms and some species of tapeworms? 

The suggested dose of fenbendazole to treat capillary worms is 50mg/kg for *5* consecutive days! 

-Kathy

There has been some outdated and updated information on Fenbendazole in recent years.

Quote: I've done my homework and I say that the two products I listed will treat the same worms, maybe even more than "Worm Eradicator" and will do it for less money. Additionally, they can be used on smaller birds, whereas "Worm Eradicator" cannot.

-Kathy

I've done my homework and I say that the two products I listed will treat the same worms, maybe even more than "Worm Eradicator" and will do it for less money. Additionally, they can be used on smaller birds, whereas "Worm Eradicator" cannot.

-Kathy

If you think you got it all figured out, by all means do what you think is best for you.

It's not just what's best for me, it's what many people on BYC need to know. I guess it's time for me to post more studies on the various drugs and their doses.

Did I post the info on ivermectin and how it's not an effective poultry wormer?

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom