Worms...AGAIN. Please help...I dont know what I can use now!

What color did you almost buy??

lau.gif
There were so many to choose from and I couldn't make up my mind, so I decided to thing about it, lol.

-Kathy

I think..well, I can't say what I think because I'd probably be kicked off BYC. Certain posters highjacked OPs thread to be pretend vets and scientists. Notice how OP hasn't been back? Nice. Really nice. Perhaps you should have started your own debate thread.

One doesn't need to be a scientist or vet to understand recorded research and trials, conducted by very competent professors, in regard to poultry husbandry. There's no shortage of redundant misinformation promoted on this forum as well as other forums. No different than the word on the street or media talking heads. So when certain folks step up to responsibility and dispel that misinformation, it should be appreciated. Especially by those new folks experiencing ill health among their flocks, and likely find themselves sorting through numerous BS posts, and ridiculous web pages to find helpful information.

Last edited:
One doesn't need to be a scientist or vet to understand recorded research and trials, conducted by very competent professors, in regard to poultry husbandry. There's no shortage of redundant misinformation promoted on this forum as well as other forums. No different than the word on the street or media talking heads.......
I agree Michael. So far I've seen DE, garlic, and various other herbal remedies touted as internal parasite miracles.

How can DE be effective when the particles are so small that they shoot through a chickens' gut as fast as bird shot out of a scatter gun?

As for garlic and other herbal remedies, I thought that this thread is about expelling intestinal worms in chickens, not repelling vampires.

There is nothing wrong with giving your chickens these things, after all they're your chickens, but scientific based inquiry should always be the #1 option. In the last 150 - 200 years poultry husbandry has come a long way, lets keep the new discoveries coming regardless of our political opinions about new technology.

Last edited:
How sad was it that I thought about this thread when I walked past the glitter isle in Walmart? Even sadder to think that I actually spent a few minutes looking at the various colors and almost bought a pack with several colors. Sigh, I need a life, lol. :D

-Kathy

Back
Top Bottom