Worms in chicken poop help?!

strandedmind125

Hatching
Jul 17, 2023
Well I just found chicken poop on my deck with little tiny worms in it. I cant even tell really what kind of worms they are. I do know it was not a tapeworm or maggots They almost are the color of a roundworm but are not very long at all. I forgot to take a picture before getting rid of it and washing my deck. Now I am off to tractor supply but am unsure what I should even be treating for. Any suggestions? I was thinking of going with safeguard but wondering if ivermectin is the better option to cover more parasites?
Also what would the dosage be for either. My chickens free range and my husband and I are about to go away for 10 days and our mother in law will be feeding and caring for the chickens.

I called to see if the vet we use would do a sample and they said no

Maybe Cecal worms which is in the roundworm "family".

Safeguard would be good to use if that's what you have. Valbazen is another good option, usually you will need to order it online.

To treat Roundworms Only - Safeguard dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.

To treat most worms that poultry can have except for Tapeworm - Safeguard dose is 0.23ml per pound of weight given orally once a day for 5 days in a row.

Valbazen dose is 0.08ml per pound of weight given orally once, then repeated in 10 days.

Back
Top Bottom