Worms

So I did the Epsom salts bath again even though I did not see any worms this am..thank goodness!
The large black scab like area below her vent , I have no idea where this came from or caused by.
I took a couple pictures but I don’t know how to post them to this forum ....FYI....She acts perfectly fine. I did shake more disinfectant in their coup last night. These 4 girls are the remaining ladies of my original 12. Only one lays an egg now..... yes, older gals ....just like their mom! Ahaha

Here's how to post PHOTOS :)

It's good that you didn't find any more worms! Depending on the severity of the wound, just try to keep it as clean as you can and apply triple antibiotic ointment or Vetericyn.

Here's how to post PHOTOS :)

It's good that you didn't find any more worms! Depending on the severity of the wound, just try to keep it as clean as you can and apply triple antibiotic ointment or Vetericyn.

Thanks so much, I will certainly keep it clean and use the antibiotic ointment . I will check the how to post a photo ! Thanks again

650148A7-1800-48BD-8BF0-BBB0045458B9.jpeg
A6E0BBB6-B3F1-40E9-81F7-671C768D076E.jpeg 650148A7-1800-48BD-8BF0-BBB0045458B9.jpeg 650148A7-1800-48BD-8BF0-BBB0045458B9.jpeg A6E0BBB6-B3F1-40E9-81F7-671C768D076E.jpeg 839BB0CB-06CB-4863-855F-C32F61ACE267.jpeg 650148A7-1800-48BD-8BF0-BBB0045458B9.jpeg A6E0BBB6-B3F1-40E9-81F7-671C768D076E.jpeg 839BB0CB-06CB-4863-855F-C32F61ACE267.jpeg
Thanks so much, I will certainly keep it clean and use the antibiotic ointment . I will check the how to post a photo ! Thanks again
There should be only 3....sorry for the duplicates.....3 are bad enough to look at ! Nasty looking..

The photo is fine (this is the ER forums and there are lots of yucky photos). Wait until spell check gets a hold of you, you think that posting duplicates is bad LOL!

How deep does the wound go, can you tell?
You may need to debride that - take a warm soapy washcloth and gently scrub until it bleeds, this will help to peel that dead skin off and promote healing. Rinse well and apply your ointment.

It's good that she is eating and drinking well. You will probably want to keep her separated until she heals completely, to help prevent flies from getting her. If you notice a bad odor then the wound is infected and she will need antibiotics.

The photo is fine (this is the ER forums and there are lots of yucky photos). Wait until spell check gets a hold of you, you think that posting duplicates is bad LOL!

How deep does the wound go, can you tell?
You may need to debride that - take a warm soapy washcloth and gently scrub until it bleeds, this will help to peel that dead skin off and promote healing. Rinse well and apply your ointment.

It's good that she is eating and drinking well. You will probably want to keep her separated until she heals completely, to help prevent flies from getting her. If you notice a bad odor then the wound is infected and she will need antibiotics.
Thanks again..... I will try to debrie . It does seem to loosen at all with the previous washing. Maybe I will see if I can get her to sit in a basin. Doesn’t hurt to try. Still looking and acting good this am.

Back
Top Bottom