Worst tragedy ever!!! will they die?????

Sorry it took me so long to get back, after holding chickie ER, had to take DD to real ER. Shes asleep and better now, and so are all my chicks. Yup, thats right! Its a miracle, but they are all alive and doing well. They now have their 1/3 filled with warmer water, waterer with marbles in it and are happy as can be. There are 15 little guys! they seemed so jumpy since they hatched, but after this ordeal they are much friendlier. My husband has really taken with them, and tries to deny it, but he kept checking on them while I was in the ER and texting me. He tells me about their personalities too...and before this he truly couldn't stand them. It turns out not a tragedy after all!!

It is great news to hear that your daughter and all your chicks are better! Your DH has time and emotion invested in the chicks now. That's great!

Phew! I'm so glad to hear that the chickies -- and your daughter -- are all right!
hugs.gif

Glad all ended well!!! I had a similar experience as well & the same results. I hatched 41 chicks & had them in the brooder with heat lamp on etc. I fell asleep woke up at 3 am & ran out to the shed where the brooder is. I looked in the brooder & the chicks were wet & cold. The heat lamp was way to high. I sat there for an hour & dried them off one by one with my shirt. I lowered the lamp & thank the good lord they all survived. The little buggers are tougher than we think.

I'm glad you little ones are doing good. The things they can get themselves into are amazing. I know what you mean about husbands. When I started hatching my DH was like why do we need more, but he had to hatch the last batch cause DD's and I were out of town when they decided to hatch. Now I have put the bator up cause I have a broody thats doing it this time he misses it. I think they like it just dont want to admit it.

PS... dont let him know it but he is better at helping a shrinkwrapped chick than I am.
big_smile.png

Quote:
I transitioned mine to the rabbit waterer. We started with a waterer exactly like the OP's then I added the rabbit one and showed them how to drink. When I was satisfied that they all could drink and drink well, I removed the other one. I haven't had a problem with mine. It seems stable enough on a flat surface but I only had two chicks on it. Maybe when there are a lot and they all climb all over it it goes off balance. This post was a good lesson for those of us with those waterers. Glad everyone, including your daughter, is on the road to recovery. What a stressful day!

I use that same water for my chicks maybe the bigger one flew up on top and that is how they knocked it over. I am glad that your DD and chicks are both okay. I am also glad that this little oops has help your DH see how great chickens are. My DH will not admit to anyone that he likes the chicks or the chickens but he does they have to protect the their tough guy image.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom