Would Anyone Support This?

Okay well the brown egg went in monday so it should hatch on a monday or around it. The two green eggs went in wednesday so they're behind and the dark green egg went in tuesday.

These are my eggs. I am 100% sure there is an embryo in ¾ eggs, but since I can't see into the darkest one I'm assuming theres something there too. That brown egg has a very lively embryo who moves around a lot. The others are much smaller but I definitely made out the signs of an embryo in each.

I know its insanely blurry and out of focus but you can faintly see the embryo's darkness. and some veining. These eggs are hard to see into and I have no idea how you diligent egg candlers get such good pictures!

Maybe you can see it better? I don't know but I am 100% certain this egg is alive. Sorry for the awful shots.

On a very unrelated note my favorite rooster from my january 3rd broody hatch (who is currently on my back eating my hair x.x) crowed for the first time this morning.

It was a nice crow too…for a chick lol. It has at least 3 parts, I have a feeling he's going to have an impressive crow one day ….

Also I'm sure you can tell this is the large end…still no air pocket. That's starting to worry me a bit, but everything else seems normal so far.

I absolutely love following this thread!! Also is a great way to increase cup size without resolving to sweat sox
wink.png
In all seriousness, I'm thrilled you went with it!!!! I really hope they hatch!! I don't quite understand the "lock down" part of incubating eggs and in all honesty, I haven't researched it but... why would you need to "lock down" your eggs?? A hen isn't air tight... maybe I should do some research...

Well mainly it's to upkeep humidity and temperature keeping them from shrink-wrapping and growing weak due to temperatures being lower. I think I shouldn't have the humidity issue, like the hen whose sweat evaporation and the fact they're on her skin keep them from drying out, shouldn't it work similarly with me? I hope so. And thanks for all the support everyone.

*mumbles something about the best bra ever and wipes away a few tears*

Heta, can you see air pocket in the other eggs? That has me concerned. I am so envious, 4 eggs, huh? What a broody, you go girls!

No I can't… it's worrying me too. If I don't see a decent one by the end of next week i may just incubate them? Let's keep our fingers crossed. But the good news is the brown egg's embryo is very lively. The other eggs, again are hard to see into but they are growing.

Yeah four eggs. I put them …underneath… and the sports bra keeps them tight to me. Since I did a dual bra thing, the normal bra with cups outside helps keep them safe and secure and provides some extra insulation. I'll candle tonight again and look for air pockets.

Ok...now you got me thinking too....I am incubating my first set of 8 eggs now so the experience level isn't high here...LOL the air buble is caused by the evaporation of fluid inside the egg right? I am wondering if by being in your bra/ upagainst you...the humidity level is too high. I am sure that you could find a meter that would fit in there to measure the humidity level. Then again I wonder if it is a combination of low temp and high humidity so you do n't have the evaporation....I dunno...but you have my support....no pun intended.....

Back
Top Bottom