Would Anyone Support This?

Maybe if I slip some tissue between them and me they can get heat but not so much humidity?
Worth a shot. I'll check it out. Thanks! That was helpful.

Also I have bad news.

The egg that was slightly cracked when I got it grew worse so I had to get rid of it. It was file with hair line cracks throughout one side and since they were through it I gave it a shot but it wasn't good enough. I still have three viable eggs though so onward!

I absolutely love following this thread!! Also is a great way to increase cup size without resolving to sweat sox
wink.png
In all seriousness, I'm thrilled you went with it!!!! I really hope they hatch!! I don't quite understand the "lock down" part of incubating eggs and in all honesty, I haven't researched it but... why would you need to "lock down" your eggs?? A hen isn't air tight... maybe I should do some research...

very cool thread and expmt --- just thinking that some of you ladies have an unfair advantage --- espaecially over most of us guys -- then the sock comment ---hmmmm i wear sweats all the time -- maybe i could sneak a few eggs in ........nah, nevermind ---i've got enough trouble screwing with humidity.....

In order to try and get the air pockets to start I stuck them in my hovabator to dry incubate 2 days. I know it's sort of cheating, but there are healthy growing chicks in there and I'd really like them to hatch haha. So I'll candle tonight and see if theres an air pocket. There SHOULD be now. I probably should have let the eggs set a few days before i started incubating (they were laid the day i got them) so i hope this corrects the issue.

I'll put them back in tonight when I get home from school if i can see air pockets. Even if they are little, as long as its enough for a little time after they've absorbed the blood in the veins during lockdown they should be good, right? Thats what I'm thinking. I can also hatch assist if they make it that far IF i have to. So I'd just like to see a little air in there first I'm worried about positioning though, I noticed most of the embryo was in the large end and not the small end making the free space at the wrong end.

Hmm, why is there no air pocket? If chicks under a hen have them why wouldn't the bra bator ones have them as well?

from my understanding, lclough1998, you want to let the eggs sit for 8-24 hours from when you receive them in the mail. This is because the natural air bubble inside the egg might be scrambled. The 8-24 hours gives it time to settle and the air bubble to return to it's natural place.

Yeah that's probably what it was. WELL

They have air bubbles now!!! Green egg was hard to tell but its still alive and since the brown egg that i can see through has one now i'm certain they both do.

The dark green egg turned out not to be fertile, it oozed in the incubator >.<

Thank goodness not on me!!! DX haha. Back in the brabator with two now. So not too bad. I think I would have had the same issues so far if i had normally incubated.

The birds these come from are still less than a year so things are still getting working for them I guess.

BUT MAN. That little brown egg knows how to rock, that embryo likes to move. Good sign!

from my understanding, lclough1998, you want to let the eggs sit for 8-24 hours from when you receive them in the mail. This is because the natural air bubble inside the egg might be scrambled. The 8-24 hours gives it time to settle and the air bubble to return to it's natural place.

Also since I'm moving they don't get the chance to really settle. So my moving is like the shipping (albeit probably less damaging 0.x) I should have set them to let it start to develop (the air sack) before putting it in so that my moving wouldn't prevent one from forming.

I'm hoping now that one has started to form it will continue to grow. It seems good sized for going on week two. My brown egg seems right on par with growth too as it is really dark in there now. I don't think it's behind, which makes me happy. maybe dual bra works! I have gotten them set up again but i have a new configuration. I know I'm crazy but now its 3 bras. they aren't really padded much so again its not really noticeable (I'm so weird….XD) but i feel they're snugger and will stay even warmer. Since now there is definitely an embryo to look out for I wanna do as much as I can.

None of this is uncomfortable either, actually the three bra system is nicer, it goes like this.

A normal bra first (light padding), a sports bra (no padding), and third a bra that I no longer fit into as well… (and it's padding died a long time ago haha) ^^; over it all to keep it snug. Just two controlled temperature pretty good but i think this will be better and keep cold air from seeping through better. The bigger one keeps it all together and keeps and egg bumps from being noticeable.

Well onward we go brabator! Lets make chicks.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom