Would my chicken intentionally kill me if he weighed 300 lb instead...

To a chicken, there are only two questions in life: can I eat it? or can it eat me?

We have an elderly Boston terrier who, after a couple of half hearted attempts to play chase our chickens (for which he was scolded), ignores our flock. At first, the chickens were very wary of him, but they realized pretty soon that he wasn't going to try to chase and eat them. So they pretty much ignore him, too.

One day, our dog was stretched out snoozing in the sun on the deck. The chickens regarded him. The began to come closer, warily. They craned their necks, eyeing him. They ventured closer, showing an interest in him that I had never seen before.

I think they were trying to figure out whether he was dead so they could eat him. He snorted in his sleep, and then they scattered.

Quote:
Oldchick... this is awesome.
big_smile.png

maybe he would. depends, is he evil?
frow.gif
nice to see someone else's username has something to do with dinosaurs being chickens.
celebrate.gif
woot.gif
bun.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
jumpy.gif
wee.gif
clap.gif
ya.gif
hugs.gif

Last edited:
I am prone to over analyse so have opinion just increasing size to 300 pounds would greatly impose negatively on their physical abilites even if intent to hurt you was there. They would have to have a lot of other changes to simply enable walking. Look at a roasted turkey to see some of the modifications needed.

Back
Top Bottom