Would this rooster be an Americauna?

New Chick2

In the Brooder
5 Years
Mar 24, 2014

Nope, he is an Easter Egger. Ameraucanas are a purebred breed of chicken, with specific color varieties and characteristics, that lay blue eggs. Easter Eggers are mixed breeds, usually with Ameraucana in their ancestry, that can be any color and lay colored eggs (green, blue, pink, brown, etc.). Many hatcheries mistakenly sell Easter Eggers as "Ameraucanas."

Nope, he is an Easter Egger. Ameraucanas are a purebred breed of chicken, with specific color varieties and characteristics, that lay blue eggs. Easter Eggers are mixed breeds, usually with Ameraucana in their ancestry, that can be any color and lay colored eggs (green, blue, pink, brown, etc.). Many hatcheries mistakenly sell Easter Eggers as "Ameraucanas."
X2

He doesn't fit any color variety of Ameraucan, so he's an Easter Egger.

He almost fits the blue wheaten variety, so I will research more colors. I dont have my book with me right now. It tells me what colors are registered. So I will see if I find any that look like him.

omg! I think I found a match. Two roosters under blue splash wheaten ameraucanas came very close to him on google.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone. I'm sure he is an Easter Egger now that I've seen the muff/beard thing. The resemblance to the blue splash wheaten is pretty amazing though.

Back
Top Bottom