Would this work as a temporary solution?

They were on mega-sale ($89 each!) so I ended up getting 2, because 2 of them were still 50% cheaper than the original price of one! I ordered them on Wayfair.com and they're made by Aosom. The price just increased by $15 but still an amazing price given all the positive reviews.

You still may find yourself having to do some of the changes I'd mentioned, as they may try to all stuff into one coop regardless of the lack of space.

So another possible alteration to make would be to treat one coop space as feed/water area and move both roost bars (not sure what the inside looks like but we'll assume there's a roost bar in each kit) into the other coop (provided there's enough space), so the birds can roost together while using the other side for feeding.

You still may find yourself having to do some of the changes I'd mentioned, as they may try to all stuff into one coop regardless of the lack of space.

So another possible alteration to make would be to treat one coop space as feed/water area and move both roost bars (not sure what the inside looks like but we'll assume there's a roost bar in each kit) into the other coop (provided there's enough space), so the birds can roost together while using the other side for feeding.
So funny, because even though I have no idea what I'm doing, that was actually my plan lol. As per some of the reviews, there is a LOT of space over the one roost, and at least one person said they were going to add a second one because there was room to do it. I can already see this as being VERY temporary because the more I look at my dream coops, the more I just want to start out with one lol. Just have to wait until we get a deck built for the pool and then I'll have a bunch of leftover lumber to use on the coop. Oh - I also plan on building an extra run and attaching it to one side, permanently. I don't plan on using this as a tractor at all. This will also give them more elbow room. I'm claustrophobic so I can appreciate needing more space lol.

They were on mega-sale ($89 each!) so I ended up getting 2, because 2 of them were still 50% cheaper than the original price of one! I ordered them on Wayfair.com and they're made by Aosom. The price just increased by $15 but still an amazing price given all the positive reviews.

I went looking for it on wayfair cause that is cheap but could not find it. Do you have a link?

Scott

I went looking for it on wayfair cause that is cheap but could not find it. Do you have a link?

Scott
Hi Scott - sadly, today they are full price. Last night when I had them in my cart, they were $89 EACH. When I paid, they jacked up the price to $105. While it wasn't a lot, I complained because the final dollar amount caught me by surprise as it didn't register in my cart before I paid. They reimbursed me the difference, but now instead of getting 2-day shipping, I'm getting these on 4/3 instead. I asked them if that's how they do business - by taking away my free 2-day shipping in order to reimburse me. They never replied lol.

https://www.wayfair.com/Aosom-LLC-D...rd-Chicken-Coop-with-Nesting-box-XAO1241.html

Back
Top Bottom