daniduck

silent stalker
10 Years
Nov 1, 2009
Florida
My Coop
My Coop
IMAG3998.jpg
I ordered some blue laced red wyandotte hatching eggs. Paid alot for someone who has shipped alot of eggs around the country. They hatched and are now 7 weeks and 3 days old. I don't think a one is a wyandotte. 1) has 5 toes, feathered legs, and black skin. I messaged thinking a silkie egg might have been included on accident. She told me it was a possibility because she did have silkie eggs for sale too. Of the remaining chicks only one has any lacing to the feathers. Several have incorrect combs. Are these mixed breeds. A mixture of other breeds that were incorrectly put in my box. We were hoping to get a show quality bird, and all these will be good for are just my regular egg layers. Any thoughts on what I actually have here?

Bird 2
IMAG3998.jpg

Attachments

• IMAG3997.jpg
    IMAG3997.jpg
    373.6 KB · Views: 71
They all look like Wyandottes but different colors. Chick 2 is blue, 3 is chocolate mixed with gold laced maybe, rest are black.
What I'm thinking happened is that the owner didn't actually understand how to breed BLR Wyandottes. From what I'm seeing it looks like maybe she had crossed Blue wyandottes with gold laced.

Back
Top Bottom