Would you complain?

If you bought the eggs off a member here and you don't get any satisfaction as regards a refund, then I think it would not be unreasonable to name and shame them, so that others can be forewarned. If this is a genuine mistake .... even a mistake due to ignorance of breeding/genetics, then there should be no reason why they would not refund you.
Sadly, I am not sure how many of those birds are going to produce eggs even in your laying flock. There are quite a lot of them looking like cockerels to me, so you may have lucked out in more than one sense with them.

If you bought the eggs off a member here and you don't get any satisfaction as regards a refund, then I think it would not be unreasonable to name and shame them, so that others can be forewarned.
I agree. People do this because they can get away with it. It's no different then stealing your money.
Name names to save others from being ripped off.

I agree. People do this because they can get away with it. It's no different then stealing your money.
Name names to save others from being ripped off.
I think you need to give them the opportunity to make it right first, as I suggested, but if they don't, particularly if they are selling regularly on BYC, then as a community we need to make each other aware of the problem and/or perhaps advise admin.

I think you need to give them the opportunity to make it right first, as I suggested, but if they don't, particularly if they are selling regularly on BYC, then as a community we need to make each other aware of the problem and/or perhaps advise admin.
I can agree with that but then again they could give a refund then turn around and continue to rip off others here.
Guess it would depend if I thought it was a mistake or platent scam.

That sucks. It looks like you have Wyandotte mixes.

One tip, since they aren't what you paid for, no matter how good they look once they grow up, DO NOT use them in a breeding program. You have no idea what recessives could be hiding in their genes. Also, if this breeder allowed silkie crosses to get into your hatching eggs, they don't have very good breeding practices or closed breeding pens. They most likely have hatchery stock.

If you want to breed, I would shell out the money to get a show quality breeding pair/trio from a breeder who shows their birds. I paid $150 for my LF Dark Cornish trio from a show breeder (even though I don't intend to show, I want to sell to people who want to show) and I got what I paid for. All the offspring are 100% true to type and I am spoiled for choice when it comes to next year's breeders.

Thanks everyone, I have tried to reach out through here only to get no response. Maybe I will at least give it a few more days before reporting or anything. A friend who is pretty good at sexing at a day old told is we have 1 cockerel maybe 2, the others are pullets. So if nothing else the pullets can go in the pen for eggs for breakfast.

No one in our area is selling BLR wyandottes, which is why I came online to look for a breeder. I was hoping if we got several eggs at least a few would be show quality, and of course I had seen pictures of her birds.

This is why I hate buying hatching eggs online. These cost too much to then pay shipping and not get what is expected.

Thanks everyone, I have tried to reach out through here only to get no response. Maybe I will at least give it a few more days before reporting or anything. A friend who is pretty good at sexing at a day old told is we have 1 cockerel maybe 2, the others are pullets. So if nothing else the pullets can go in the pen for eggs for breakfast.

No one in our area is selling BLR wyandottes, which is why I came online to look for a breeder. I was hoping if we got several eggs at least a few would be show quality, and of course I had seen pictures of her birds.

This is why I hate buying hatching eggs online. These cost too much to then pay shipping and not get what is expected.
If I were you, I would go on Facebook and find a few Wyandotte breeder/show groups. That is how I found my Cornish stock even though there is no one nearby that has them. You should be able to get eggs from them or perhaps drive a few hours to get a breeding group.

Back
Top Bottom