Wound care… dog attack!

Rosemary
IMG_0153.jpeg
IMG_0154.jpeg

Poor sweet girls!

To me the wounds look o.k. and to be healing. Just keep tending to them like you are. It's going to take time, but they should heal up o.k. barring infection.

Monitor for bad odors, angry red tissue and swelling.

If they are eating/drinking o.k., then that's a bonus.

Where are you keeping them inside? Do you have a garage or is it like a spare room?
If you have a section of garage, then you can lay down a tarp, make a coral with cardboard boxes and then add some shavings so the flooring is not slippery. They could hang out together in the coral...just a thought.

Having 3 injured, that's a lot of work and stress to deal with. You are doing good!
You may find this thread along with the pictures helpful - the progressing of healing wounds. Chickens are resilient no doubt, but the keeper that is tending to them is just as resilient and deserves a lot of credit.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wounds-pictures-of-how-they-heal.1325817/

Hang in there:hugs

Poor sweet girls!

To me the wounds look o.k. and to be healing. Just keep tending to them like you are. It's going to take time, but they should heal up o.k. barring infection.

Monitor for bad odors, angry red tissue and swelling.

If they are eating/drinking o.k., then that's a bonus.

Where are you keeping them inside? Do you have a garage or is it like a spare room?
If you have a section of garage, then you can lay down a tarp, make a coral with cardboard boxes and then add some shavings so the flooring is not slippery. They could hang out together in the coral...just a thought.

Having 3 injured, that's a lot of work and stress to deal with. You are doing good!
You may find this thread along with the pictures helpful - the progressing of healing wounds. Chickens are resilient no doubt, but the keeper that is tending to them is just as resilient and deserves a lot of credit.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/wounds-pictures-of-how-they-heal.1325817/

Hang in there:hugs
Thank you very much!
I will send pics of what I made for them to be kept in. I am lucky enough to have a large spare room! I put it together underneath a table and put a divider so that way they can see each other.. it is a very redneck rig up but I am proud of the contraptions that I come up with… although it will make it harder on me as I have to get in there to catch them to tend the wounds. But I can’t stand seeing them in such small confinement!

Fantastic!

Looks good to me and they can see one another.
They also may feel more secure in their Table Fort too!
Thank you..
I moved Maryn in with Rosie and put Kelly by herself. I think Kelly is probably well enough to go outside but I plan to make a retirement section in the coop for these three. So don’t want to put her out alone although she’d be able to see the others that are out there. And M and R seem much happier together together!
Wanted to ask if alternating one day spray and one day ointment cuz seems useless to spray over the ointment… what do you think?

Back
Top Bottom