Wry Neck - Confused about treatment

Pics
It wasn't an easy decision as she was soo determined to be here. BUT, there has to come a time when without quality of life existence just isn't enough :(
I would do it all over again, if it ment helping her.. I gave her the best chance if recovering, and the best care I could. She truly was an amazing girl...

My friend has a silkie with wry neck,what is the dosage for vit E. and selenium for the bird?Read an article on it but it did not give the dosage

Silkies are well known in getting wry neck, you should give it one vitamin e per day with a tiny bit of selenium I usually dab the vitamin e in it. Then three times a day a drop of polyvisol per day and decrease each day that you see improvements never just suddenly stop because it could come back..

Polyvisol with out iron...

Just letting you all know- Licorice is over the rainbow bridge now. I hand fed her for over 9 months, and made her as comfortable as I could. She spent days on the grass in the sunshine although she had lost the ability to be a chicken :(
I made the hard decision as her quality of life was not fair. She couldn't scratch, preen , dust bath, eat or roam-She sure was a fighter and I am very comfortable with my decision. I miss her terribly but no I did what was best for Licorice-
Now she can be a chicken again! Be free xx

YOU ARE MY HERO!! You stood by her ever second of the way, you did your very best and although I'm disappointed because I was really looking forward to getting that egg I applaud you!!!

It was a long hard road and honestly I'm surprise she lasted this long... Others would have giving up a long time ago but not you, even though she had permanent damage done there really wasn't a whole lot more that could or would have helped her... And now your both at peace and can live a happy life. Her in her chicken heaven flirting with all those sexy roosters and you for doing your absolute best!!!

Thank you for your heroic story!!!!

Thank you , your advice and support meant so much to me, as I really had no clue how to help Licorice at first. She sure was a fighter!
But yes, I am at peace with my decision as I know I did my absolute best for her. Amazing girl she was. She deserved all the effort I gave her.And she also deserved to be free.
You were an enormous support for me and I " Thank You so very much"
I honestly felt so very alone at first, trying everything I could to help her. I must have done something right as she survived many months on my care.
I want to thank everyone on this thread whom offered support or advice for myself and Licorice. This group really is awesome and it ment a lot to me to pop in here and be able to ask for advice. Your support truly touched me.
Licorice and I are both very grateful.
And she is free now, being a chicken again.
Xxxxx

I know I'm bringing an old thread back to life (hopefully), but I need some help.

I've got me a Silkie chick with Wry neck. I've never encountered this before, and so, I am totally lost on treatment. Right now I'm syringe feeding her water with lots of vitamins in it. I'm going to add Sav-A-Chick to it soon.

Any help is appreciated!

I know I'm bringing an old thread back to life (hopefully), but I need some help. 

I've got me a Silkie chick with Wry neck. I've never encountered this before, and so, I am totally lost on treatment. Right now I'm syringe feeding her water with lots of vitamins in it. I'm going to add Sav-A-Chick to it soon. 

Any help is appreciated! 

Do you have polyvisol without iron. If so put 2-3 drops in the water and break open a vitamin E capsule and try to administer it throughout the day. There are quite a few case histories on this site and some have happy endings. I found that it was easier to put the vit E in scrambled egg.

Back
Top Bottom