Wry neck duckling- I don't have selenium or any vitamins to fix it :(

Taffinq

In the Brooder
May 30, 2023
I have a duckling about two or a day old, it has wry neck.
The duckling can walk, but whenever it does, it's neck is bent straight out horizontally instead of up. it can eat, but it doesn't eat much, and it can drink, but can't find the waterbowl itself and I have to pick it up and place it next to the waterbowl, and even then it'll only take a few sips and then quit.
I don't have any vitamin e, selenium, or any vitamins to feed the duckling and help cure it :(, and when I try to feed the duckling clove like a website told me to do, it didn't eat it.
i can't buy any vitamins for the duck. my parents probably won't buy vitamins for it or will forget.
i tried using a neck brace for it, but it doesn't seem to work and the duckling's neck still juts out horizontally or at the best, diagonally up.
the duckling is small, like newbornish small, and I'm afraid the neck brace will limit its breathing or make it fall over.
The duckling, along with 9 others, were hatched from eggs laid and fertilized by my other ducks (I have 8 adult ducks, 15 junior ducklings).
Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
My parents have supplements in those dark green bottles with labels, some of them are billbery extract and blueberry extract, can I feed that to the duckling?

I am very sorry your duckling has wry neck. Have you asked your parents if they would get vit E ? another product is Rooster Booster "Poultry Cell"
scrambled eggs can give the tiny duckling the selenium it needs.
:welcome
Bilberries are a good source of vitamin K, which can help prevent blood clots that could cause a heart attack or stroke. The anthocyanins in bilberries may also help reduce cholesterol and lower blood pressure, which can reduce the risk of atherosclerosis and other heart-related problems.0 Bilberries are also linked to various health benefits, including improved vision, lower blood sugar, and cholesterol levels.1 Additionally, bilberries can help treat digestive issues by reducing inflammation in the digestive system, which can relieve diarrhea, nausea, and indigestion. Although bilberries are not included in the USDA's food nutrient database, they contain similar nutritional content to blueberries.

Back
Top Bottom