WTB Bantam Cockrel...from a loving flockmaster

typnslow

Songster
8 Years
Feb 2, 2011
New Market, Al
I am interested in buying a bantam rooster for my gals.

I have 6 standard hens, all different breeds that are about 5 months old (only one has started laying - so far).

Here is a pic of five of the ladies he'll be loving and protecting...
78803_ladies_to_love.jpg

My ladies don't sit on my lap or shoulder but they do follow me during free range time and eat treats from my hand. I only have an acre and no fence, so I need a rooster who likes people and won't take the girls out of my yard.
I am not breed picky.

(My husband doesnt want a silkie, frizzle or sizzle...and I am not a fan of the feather footed breeds)
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the look of the ones that feather out to look like a patchwork quilt.

I'll know him when I see him...PLEASE send pictures!!!!

We are in North Alabama, we're willing to drive a reasonable distance otherwise shipping should be an option.
We went to trade day to look at roosters, but honestly I was a little put off by the fact that they are carted back and forth in wire cages on an open air trailer with nothing more than a thin quilt to keep the wind off. I want to buy my "gentleman" from someone who loves their birds. Where better to start than BYC???

I am attaching a picture of my coop (in case you are interested in where the young man could be living).
78803_the_coop.jpg

These are 'big' bantams but you probably wouldn't want a tiny guy for your big girls
smile.png

salebirds003-1.jpg

salebirds004.jpg

salebirds001-1.jpg

The birchen-ish one with the rosecomb is more on the LF side, but he is big for LF. The others are in-between LF and bantam sized.

Quote:
They are mixed breed.
In the first pic, the big 'birchen' guy is a cross between an Old English Game and something that has a rosecomb and 5 toes....your guess is as good as mine
hmm.png
The other guy in that pic (black rosecomb) is part golden sebright and part probably Old English Game bantam.

The second pic shows a black rooster with gold on his saddles and hackles. He is an OEGB but he is big for the breed and considered a 'mixed' color. He could be OEGB/OEG mix since he is pretty big for a bantam, but I don't believe he is mixed--just big
smile.png

The third pic shows 3 red roosters all facing the camera. The 'brown' one by the feed pan is a hen and the one in the foreground no longer lives here. The 3 red boys are the same size as the black in pic #1 and the black in pic #2. One of the red boys is 'daddy' to the other 2. The 2 sons have light feathering on the outsides of their legs but it's hard to see it unless you are very close to them. Daddy is OEGB but big for the breed; the two boys are from him and a bantam EE hen (who had feathered legs from somewhere in her lineage).

Most of these guys are pretty tame though the 'dad' and one of his 'boys' are a bit wild. The smaller rosecombed male is also a bit wild but they aren't too bad...at least they no longer roost in the trees
lol.png
The other 3 (black w/gold hackles and saddles, red, 'birchen') are usually right under my feet when I'm feeding
roll.png
The bigger one (birchen roo in first pic with 'lacing' on his breast) is probably my favorite, I always seem to get attached to the oddballs :rolleyes

Last edited:
I'm in SE TN. If you want this little guy I will throw in a pq bantam cochin hen. He's an Easter Egger.

28521_dscn6132.jpg

I am just not breeding bantams anymore so I don't need him. He's not agressive in the least.

5531_img_9584.jpg
I have 2 little cockerals that will grow up to be like him. They are small and get along well with each other and take care of the hens well. They are just so friendly amd make very interesting mixed babies.

Back
Top Bottom