Wyandottes Genetics!

HannaDolly

In the Brooder
Feb 9, 2016
Need some help with this all the information ive found is only for breeding certain colors to others.

With a BLR Rooster I will be Breeding the following Colors and id really like to know the % of Offspring Coloring.
Ive looked and looked for more answers but i cant seem to find any % with a BLR Rooster.

BLR Roo X BLR Hen
BLR Roo X Silver Hen
BLR Roo X GLR Hen
BLR Roo X Blue Hen

Now I would Assume Black and Blue is a 50 / 50 for both the Blue and BLR Hens with a potential to have Splash in the mix as well with the Offspring.

Any Insight would be nice!

Im exploring my options on the best color Rooster To get this year!

Thanks!

Need some help with this all the information ive found is only for breeding certain colors to others.

With a BLR Rooster I will be Breeding the following Colors and id really like to know the % of Offspring Coloring.
Ive looked and looked for more answers but i cant seem to find any % with a BLR Rooster.
Do you mean black laced red or blue laced red? And the silver hen, do you mean silver laced?

I mean Blue Laced Red.
And yes I do Mean Gold Laced. Typing quick i did not think to recheck my post!

Also Silver Laced, Yes!

Thank You!

Last edited:

BLR Roo X BLR Hen
BLR Roo X Silver Hen
BLR Roo X GLR Hen
BLR Roo X Blue Hen

Now I would Assume Black and Blue is a 50 / 50 for both the Blue and BLR Hens with a potential to have Splash in the mix as well with the Offspring.

Any Insight would be nice!

Im exploring my options on the best color Rooster To get this year!

Thanks!
Your going to have to clear some things up first. lol

Is "BLR" Blue laced Red or Black laced Red?
Silver, Do you mean Silver Laced or Silver Penciled? I have yet seen a "Silver" Wyandotte
GLR, Do you mean a Gold Laced? Because there is no such thing as a Gold laced Red.

Where did you get the birds from?

Last edited:
Breeding Blue Laced Red over a
Blue Laced Red Hen - 50% Blue Laced Red, 25% Black Laced Red and 25% Splash
Silver Laced Hen - 25% Blue Laced Red (females), 25% Black Laced Red (females), 25% Blue Lace Golden (males), 25% Black Laced Golden (males)
Gold Laced Hen - 50% Blue Laced Red/Gold, 50% Black Laced Red/Gold
Blue Hen - 50% Blue Laced Red, 25% Black, 25% Splash

Note ---
These percentages are rough percentages, depending on your birds your numbers could be different some. (hatchery birds will differ greatly)
Also note is the Gold Lace breeding I stated, "Blue Laced Red/Gold", that's because the Gold color of the Gold Laced will dilute the Mahogany Red color of the Blue Laced Red.

Thanks!
Any and all information is welcomed. I'm new to the genetics of these birds. I never put alot of thought into it much before!

Chris09 has given you the possible color breakdowns using those pairings. Which you decide to do will depend on what your goals are.

Back
Top Bottom