Wyoming Unite!!!!

The poults were all at the hatcher door this morning waiting to be let out. I have a few things to finish up in the brooder. A third Sweetgrass poult hatched overnight.
This is the broody Sweetgrass hen that has taken up residence in the garden.
full

Sweetgrass poult
full

Tri-Color Mottled Slate poult
full

Tri-Color Mottled Black poult
full

What breed are you getting? Are you hatching?

I have a few people wanting started females so I collected eggs from my variety of hens. I will raise the chicks until feathered and then sell them. My Red Leghorn and the Sapphire roosters did the breeding so the chicks will be Leghorn mixes. I'll post a picture when they hatch next Monday. 18 of the eggs look good so far. :caf

Apparently Mother Nature hasn't given up on dealing out more winter weather around here...we woke up to snow, fog and high winds here in Carbon county.
I had the first thunder storm of the season yesterday evening followed by a light rain throughout the night for almost 1/4" of rain. I have been planting the early stuff in the garden so the rain was appreciated.

It is 35°F this morning and no snow at this time. The Nanking Cherries and the plums are blooming. I added two new Evans Bali Cherry trees and they are also blooming.

A pleasant surprise this spring is that Hackberry trees that I planted more than 25 years ago are blooming for the first time.

The asparagus is up and ready for the third picking too. It has been delicious.

I had the first thunder storm of the season yesterday evening followed by a light rain throughout the night for almost 1/4" of rain. I have been planting the early stuff in the garden so the rain was appreciated.

It is 35°F this morning and no snow at this time. The Nanking Cherries and the plums are blooming. I added two new Evans Bali Cherry trees and they are also blooming.

A pleasant surprise this spring is that Hackberry trees that I planted more than 25 years ago are blooming for the first time.

The asparagus is up and ready for the third picking too. It has been delicious.

My mouth started watering with all that talk about fruit and vegetables from the garden, nothing better than that!

Back
Top Bottom