Wyoming Unite!!!!

Pics
Glad we made it home....when we went through Casper Sunday it wasn't too bad......looks like you guys caught up to the rest of the state after we went through.

The snow from Sunday was all gone yesterday. This started sometime during the night and is still going on. Glad you made it home safe.

I just got done moving more poults and chicks to the brooder. There are still a few late ones in the hatcher.

I never said the two months were here yet... Just closer to them now than December.

lol.png

Howdy from Cheyenne!
I have 62 all ages and breeds. This is the most I have ever had.
Cheyenne just passed City Chickens ordinances allowing 6 birds. A lot of excitement around town.
Today it's snowing here, about 4 inches. All the girls are locked up in 3 coups. So ready for springtime.

I just started feeding my flock oat screenings and it's going good, wish I would have found grains years ago. Way less costly. Trying to get a fodder system going. If you are in Cheyenne and want to try the screenings, let me know. Not sure if I can actually sell on this site so PM me and find out just how cheap they are :)

Howdy from Cheyenne!
I have 62 all ages and breeds. This is the most I have ever had.
Cheyenne just passed City Chickens ordinances allowing 6 birds. A lot of excitement around town.
Today it's snowing here, about 4 inches. All the girls are locked up in 3 coups. So ready for springtime.

I just started feeding my flock oat screenings and it's going good, wish I would have found grains years ago. Way less costly. Trying to get a fodder system going. If you are in Cheyenne and want to try the screenings, let me know. Not sure if I can actually sell on this site so PM me and find out just how cheap they are
smile.png

You have to post in the Buy~Sell~Trade forum to do any selling on here. Among the requirements are a certain number of posts which I don't remember how many are required before you can post in that forum. Buy/Sell/Trade posts outside of that forum are prohibited and can be removed by the moderators.

Just remember that a diet of only grains such as feeding only oats or only corn, etc. is not a balanced diet required for the good health of your flock. As supplements or treats they are fine but for the most part contain too low a percentage of protein and too high a percentage of fat.

Thanks for the feedback. Are you in Wyoming and where?
My birds are getting a wholesome diet of oats, sunflower, pig weed and 5% or less of wheat in the screenings. I add DE and in s separate feeder, oyster and a supplements (poultry booster).

They also free range when it's not freezing and I have a steady supply of produce. These birds are not spoiled at all, lol

Do I need to remove my post?

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Are you in Wyoming and where?
My birds are getting a wholesome diet of oats, sunflower, pig weed and 5% or less of wheat in the screenings. I add DE and in s separate feeder, oyster and a supplements (poultry booster).

They also free range when it's not freezing and I have a steady supply of produce. These birds are not spoiled at all, lol

Do I need to remove my post?

I am just outside of Casper.

You should make sure that you are feeding your poultry a small percentage of their diet as sunflower seeds. The sunflower seeds are a low percentage of protein and a very high percentage of fat. While they may like them, sunflower seeds should be considered a treat only and as such along with other "treats" should be kept to less than 10% of their diet. Failure to keep bad foods to a minimum can greatly shorten the life span of your poultry.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Those are really cute! Think I may be headed down Casper way in late June. Since we missed hooking up last trip, maybe we can try again? Oh, and N F C (Debby) made it safe and sound to their new home and she's settling in nicely. Already loves it here!

Those are really cute! Think I may be headed down Casper way in late June. Since we missed hooking up last trip, maybe we can try again? Oh, and N F C (Debby) made it safe and sound to their new home and she's settling in nicely. Already loves it here!

I am almost always home so you are welcome to stop in. I did manage to hatch 3 out of 12 shipped legbar eggs. Its the best I have done on shipped legbar eggs. I currently have Sweetgrass turkey eggs and assorted guinea eggs in the incubator. Out of all the Sapphires that I hatched this year, I only have one Sapphire rooster left. I guess I will have to invite him to dinner once he gets older.

Thanks for the welcome Blooie! Yep I made it here just fine (and a bit frazzled but that's kind of normal, lol)! What a wonderful place to call home. I'm really hoping by next spring I can get a few chicks to start up a small flock for DH and me. I miss having my birds. With a year under my belt here and work more settled, I'll be ready again!

Back
Top Bottom