Wyoming Unite!!!!

DSCN0992.JPG ]
Both of these eggs are from 6 month old Welsummer pullets that I got from R2elk.
All I can say is "OUCH"

Last edited:
View attachment 1170569]
Both of these eggs are from 6 month old Welsummer pullets that I got from R2elk.
All I can say is "OUCH"
I am guessing the one on the right is a double yolker. I have been getting a few double yolks from the youngsters. I even have one that is laying a round blue egg. Glad I don't have to try to figure out which end goes up in the incubator.

We are getting our first major snow here in Clearmont, and I've realized our board on our run is not going to cut it in keeping an area large enough for our 6 chickens dry, let alone not have water in the food. What are some temporary measures that work for everyone else? I'm asking on here instead of the construction forum since I figure those on here have a better idea of the amount of snow I would tentatively have to scrap off the top. As our run is a foot and a half taller than me, I'm not looking forward to it. We have decided to build an actual roof in the spring.

We are getting our first major snow here in Clearmont, and I've realized our board on our run is not going to cut it in keeping an area large enough for our 6 chickens dry, let alone not have water in the food. What are some temporary measures that work for everyone else? I'm asking on here instead of the construction forum since I figure those on here have a better idea of the amount of snow I would tentatively have to scrap off the top. As our run is a foot and a half taller than me, I'm not looking forward to it. We have decided to build an actual roof in the spring.
Do you not have a coop? I do all my processed feeds in the coop where it is dry. A quick solution is to put a tarp or a sheet of plywood over the run plus do the same on the side of the run that the wind normally hits.

Do you not have a coop? I do all my processed feeds in the coop where it is dry. A quick solution is to put a tarp or a sheet of plywood over the run plus do the same on the side of the run that the wind normally hits.
I have a coop, I was just avoiding putting the feed in it. I have a small piece of plywood on top right now, but it doesn't give very much dry ground. My soon-to-be-culled roosters have been dumping the food on the ground every day, so the run is a mucky mess of wet feed. Once the 4 of the them are gone this weekend, I'll move the feed in to the coop for my 6 hens.

I've been thinking about doing sprouts for my chickens in the winter, but the "growing fodder" board lists all sorts of different feed seeds to use and I'm having trouble finding them. Does anyone that gets supplies in either Buffalo or Sheridan do sprouts or fodder? Where do you get your seeds? How do I tell the ppl what I want without them looking at me like I'm a crazy chicken woman!

Back
Top Bottom