Wyoming Unite!!!!

Fingers crossed that you do!:)

DSCN1004.JPG

DSCN1091.JPG

I love the peafowl even tho I wasn't allowed to have them. We have our ways of getting around no nos, don't we?

Hi Everyone, Sad day here at Just Hatched. Received our chick order at 3:39 this morning and horrificully 11 out of 16 were dead . It took USPS 76 hours to transport them 800 miles . When my daughter and I pick them up package was ice cold and opened. The mail person said she thought they were all dead. We rushed them home , prayed a little prayer and started looking for any life. Sarah saw a heart beat , then I saw a leg twitch then another move then another and finally another one . We cupped them in our hands and talk softly to them for a long time . Slowly they came back . It's now 8 hours since we found the survivors and happiliy to report the 5 (2 black australorps,1 cinnamon queen,1 buff orpington, 1 silver laced wyandotte ) are chirpping, eating, drinking and pooping . They may only be little chicks but they are still GOD'S creatures and HE holds them in HIS hands .Prayer does work .

That is so sad about the 11 that didn't make it. I lost 16 out of 27 that way a few years ago. You will need to watch the survivors closely for several days. I lost 2 more after I had revived them. Once they have been chilled they may do okay for a day or two and then just give up. Give them plenty of warm water with Sav-a-chick or some kind of electrolytes along with scrambled egg chopped fine. It will be touch and go for a few days but I did have 9 of them survive even tho they all looked dead. So we're praying for your babies and hope they make it. :hugs:bow

Hi Everyone, Sad day here at Just Hatched. Received our chick order at 3:39 this morning and horrificully 11 out of 16 were dead . It took USPS 76 hours to transport them 800 miles . When my daughter and I pick them up package was ice cold and opened. The mail person said she thought they were all dead. We rushed them home , prayed a little prayer and started looking for any life. Sarah saw a heart beat , then I saw a leg twitch then another move then another and finally another one . We cupped them in our hands and talk softly to them for a long time . Slowly they came back . It's now 8 hours since we found the survivors and happiliy to report the 5 (2 black australorps,1 cinnamon queen,1 buff orpington, 1 silver laced wyandotte ) are chirpping, eating, drinking and pooping . They may only be little chicks but they are still GOD'S creatures and HE holds them in HIS hands .Prayer does work .

What a sad event. I hope you contacted the hatchery that sent them. If you don't want them to send you more, you maybe could get 'credit' for a future try.

Glad at least the 5 have made it. @red horse ranch has some good tips, hope your little ones thrive!

My daughter lives in Byron. She seems to have chickens now....never wanted them, but there seems to be a group of them that feel like her yard is theirs, pooping everywhere, digging, ripping out flowers, laying eggs in weird places, and crowing. She's NOT happy, but nothing she can do since she doesn't seem to know where they are coming from. Sure a pretty Buff Orpington in the group.

My daughter lives in Byron. She seems to have chickens now....never wanted them, but there seems to be a group of them that feel like her yard is theirs, pooping everywhere, digging, ripping out flowers, laying eggs in weird places, and crowing. She's NOT happy, but nothing she can do since she doesn't seem to know where they are coming from. Sure a pretty Buff Orpington in the group.

She's the Reluctant Chickenkeeper...you know someone in your family has to keep it up!

Back
Top Bottom