Year Old RIR Hen near Kansas City

lutherpug

Crowing
6 Years
Jan 5, 2014
Kansas City Area
My almost year old RIR, Waffles, is happy, healthy, and curious. She is laying most days although her eggs are still on the smaller size as she is still pretty young.

My reason for parting with her is I have a small flock of more docile breeds and she is bullying my young Orpington and EE. They would have been integrated into the flock weeks ago if Waffles would just leave them alone. She gets along well with the other birds her age and she is easily handled by people. She loves to free range.

I'd keep her if we had more room but we don't. I'd love to see her go to a nice home with other adult chickens. She's not a bad bird but she has too much drama for my small flock to absorb.

Let me know if you're interested. I'd happily drive a few hours for the right home for her. Thanks, Melisa

I'm in St Clair county,IL, right on the other side of St Louis. I don't drive, sadly, but would be happy to take her.
I have a mixed flock of chickens and ducks. They free range during the day, and go into coops at night. We're vegetarians, and birds are kept for their lifetimes as pets. I have a veterinarian for medical emergencies & if prescriptions are needed. If you can't find someone closer, please let me know.
Also, I have a muscovy hen named Waffles, with a brother named Pancakes. :D

I'm just North of Richmond and would be willing to take her. I have some 5/6 month old black stars but they're used to a bit of snarky. My hens free range all day and are in a big coop/chicken shed at night. I've got 26 hens and one roo :)

I'm in St Clair county,IL, right on the other side of St Louis. I don't drive, sadly, but would be happy to take her.
I have a mixed flock of chickens and ducks. They free range during the day, and go into coops at night. We're vegetarians, and birds are kept for their lifetimes as pets. I have a veterinarian for medical emergencies & if prescriptions are needed. If you can't find someone closer, please let me know.
Also, I have a muscovy hen named Waffles, with a brother named Pancakes.
big_smile.png

I'm just North of Richmond and would be willing to take her. I have some 5/6 month old black stars but they're used to a bit of snarky. My hens free range all day and are in a big coop/chicken shed at night. I've got 26 hens and one roo
smile.png

Thank you both for replying. I'm sure Waffles would do great at either of your places but given that Richmond is a little under an hour away it would be easier to get her to @sannabelle 's place. I think in that size flock she will do much better. Like I said, she is a good bird-just too much for my younger pullets. I'll PM you.

@Louise Waffles Funny that we both have girls named Waffles. I may steal Pancakes from you at some point in the future, that is a GREAT name :)

@lutherpug, I'm just really glad your Waffles has a place to go! :D I know a Kansas City-St Louis trip would be difficult (but maybe an opportunity for a fun Instagram series about road tripping with a chicken, which would most likely go viral, because CHICKEN) but thought I'd offer anyway. With 50 chickens & ducks, my husband wouldn't even notice or care about one more. I know it's stressful when you have that one bird causing distress in the flock, and if you got to a point of desperarion, I have the space/ability, etc.
Best of luck to Waffles when she goes to live with @sannabelle, and so glad she could find a home with a BYC friend!

Back
Top Bottom