Yet Another Question

OneShotHunter

Songster
7 Years
May 7, 2012
Where the deer and the antalope play
We got chick grower for our guinea keets, but the person we got them from said that they needed more protien, and to chop up hot dogs for them for the protien. The feed store is 50 miles away (And we don't eat hot dogs). We were thinking, would peanut butter work? It's pretty much all protein, and it seems like it would be better than chemical laden hotdogs. Is there a reason that we couldn't smear some peanut butter on a stick for them?

Personally, I wouldn't use hotdogs because you're right, the chemical content makes them questionable. Several people on this forum have recommended feeding keets cooked eggs, finely chopped. Someone will chime in on this, but it's what I would do if my keets needed protein before I could get to the feed store. I would think peanut butter might be difficult to manage because it's sticky, but I'm not sure. Purina makes a game starter feed with 30% protein and it's inexpensive. Maybe you could combine errands and get some soon.

I feel your pain though. I live in an area where everything is at least a half hour away, except of course, for the Walmart.....the place I affectionately call "The Esophagus of the Beast."

Back
Top Bottom