Yippee!!! 1st Blue egg

BWKatz

Songster
9 Years
May 22, 2010
Columbia,SC
At 28 wks, my easteregger Ella gave me a xmas present. Her leghorn sister has been giving me daily eggs since 22 wks, so she finally got tired of her showing off. No puny 1st eggs for either of them... nice firm shell. She woke my husband up with her yodeling this am. Now I just have to see how often she's going to lay. Sorry for the quality of pics, just cell phone. It really is a lt blue, kinda between the two pics.

58292_ella_1st_egg_1.jpg

58292_egg_comp_1.jpg

58292_ella_cu_28wk_1.jpg

58292_ella_28_wk_1.jpg

YAY!!
ya.gif

I know how excited you must have been. I just got my first blue egg yesterday and I was soo thrilled..then i thought to myself, "how funny getting this excited over a chicken laying an egg..isn't that what they're Supposed to do??"
tongue.png
big_smile.png
HA!

soo now, I too am waiting to see if she lays another one soon. today was a no show.

Hope you get another egg soon as well!
smile.png

Thank you all for ur kind comments. Congrats to Cats and Viktoria and also Mark & Nique on ur eggs. Ella had no egg this am so I guess she's going to be an every other dayer. LOL. We'll see. She's worth it for her purty blue eggs.
love.gif

Last edited:
I guess I spoke too soon. I went out too bring them in to their coop and there in the middle of the pen was a blue egg.
ep.gif
She is probably afraid to go back in the nest box... she tipped it over on herself the other day and couldn't get out.
sickbyc.gif
Hopefully she'll get over it. Anyway looks like she's going to be a daily.
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom