YO GEORGIANS! :)

Quote: That's 2 votes for the hat. How much trouble for killing the fox or bobcat depends on when and the circumstances.

Quote: 3 votes hat.

Quote: 4 votes hat.

Quote: Bobcats and foxes, just like opossums, squirrels, rabbits, deer,bear, turkey,dove, beaver and all the other game species in Georgia have hunting seasons. Most are from around September to January. Others are longer, like the poor squirrel who is in season from August to February. But as far as foxes go, DNR does not differentiate between gray and red. It's just fox season. Coyotes have no season and can be killed year round, no limits.

Oh, and DNR will not bring out traps and take care of them. They don't remove nuisance animals like beavers or Canada Geese. They will give you a list of licensed trappers that you would have to pay.

Last edited:
I don't think so. In fact someone wrote that the plastic ones can be sterilized while the cardboard ones can't be. (Before you use them). Be sure to cut the bottoms out of each 'hump' ans trim down the sides to allow the humidity to get to them. I love this method. Candle the eggs at lockdown and turn the lowest dip of the air sac towards you. That way, all the pips are facing you! You won't have to worry about the eggs getting rolled all over.
Yes! Ok thanks. I ended up using an old cardboard one I forgot I'd already cut (not hatched in though)..

Here's what I ended up with:

I'm HOPING my little cardboard playpen will keep those separated until I can get to them..

Hey, THAT might be a good idea.  Get some kind of battery operated, motion activated Halloween or Christmas decoration that moves and lights up when something gets near it.  That might deter the little bastages.
I'm waiting on the pic of the raccoon dragging Rudolph or Frosty off to an untimely yet well-lit death.

:lau

You can legally trap fox within 200 yards of your house when they are attacking your livestock.
What if the fox is 205 yards from your house and killing your livestock? What if it's a bobcat doing it 195 yards from your house? We all "hear" different things about what can or cannot be done. I am going to find it in writing in Georgia laws so we know exactly what can or cannot be done. I, like some of you, grew up in the country where any predator attacking livestock was fair game. As far as I know, you can still protect your property from attack. However, I am not going to present this as fact to anyone until I see it in writing in our laws. I will find the answer but it may be after the holiday weekend when people who can point me in the right direction are back in their offices.

Yes! Ok thanks. I ended up using an old cardboard one I forgot I'd already cut (not hatched in though)..

Here's what I ended up with:

I'm HOPING my little cardboard playpen will keep those separated until I can get to them..
Ummmm, I've tried that before! Doesn't keep them in at all unless the sides go all the way to the top and that may interfere with humidity and air circulation! They just hop right over. Some people use those little plastic holy baskets and put a piece of chicken wire over the top. But, it will give you time to take note of color or other distinguishing characteristics before they are over! There is a lot of discussion of these methods on Incubators Anonymous thread.

Back
Top Bottom