YO GEORGIANS! :)

I hope my chooks will stay warm. First time for them to be that cold. No electricity out there. :( Thinking about taking the 2 out of quarantine. They've been there 2.5 weeks; but I wanted them to stay a month. Too cold for them there, they need more to snuggle (if they make friends). They are in a metal (large) rabbit hutch. Would be painfully cold. Double crap.
barnie.gif

I've read lots of post on here that they can stand cold below zero. But, my little Ziggy, the Polish...her "flock" consist of 2 Phoenix. They fly up high and leave her down below. They don't have anything to do with the Silkies, so she won't go snuggle with them. I hope a lone bird will be ok. She doesn't have any extra fat! Skinny, tall baby girl. (5 month old). They live in a shed that has a ledge all around the top, so it's not like a perch that can take down. I wish I knew if the Phoenix will be show quality, then I could clip their wings. I think the female might be, but I don't know about the male. I asked on the Phoenix group, but they totally ignored me
tongue.png
Pam ps- I do have the Standard book, but still don't know what I'm doing. -Pam

Well, I introduced the 2 splash Silkie pullets to the flock. I put them in the run first, then added the established chickens one by one, saving Percy for last (the most aggressive cockerel- the showgirl) Percy walked around in circles around them, got it front of them like he was trying to pick a fight. And my favorite Silkie- the black one with the lazy wing- they inspired him to crow for the first time!!! He was the one that I put with them first, he's the most gentle. So,,it went well. Knock on wood! Oh- the girls just looked at them from afar. Checking out the competition.
woot.gif
_Pam

I am a GA transplant to PA tht will be moving back soon ... can I join in too ? Be so glad to get back home ... we are aiming for the jonesboro area ...

When are you moving? Too bad we both weren't relocating to the same areas because we could have just traded places!
wink.png
I did get the job up there and start on the 26th. I have 2 possible places up there to rent that will allow dogs & chickens so I am keeping my fingers crossed! I am hoping to be up there mid November so I can get everyone settled in before starting work. I do not look forward to the cold at all!

Back
Top Bottom