YO GEORGIANS! :)

That is so cool!
thank you!

I did 'downspouts' because I wanted to be able to put them at different heights. I plan on coming off of that, turning and running down the coop wall and take a pipe inside to the brooder/quarantine area I have set up inside. That's right inside the right hand pop door.

I can put a section of plastic fence up to divide out part of the run

and inside, the cage door can be put on to separate them inside. This is where I want to run another section of pipe with access to water nipples

Last edited:
thank you!

I did 'downspouts' because I wanted to be able to put them at different heights. I plan on coming off of that, turning and running down the coop wall and take a pipe inside to the brooder/quarantine area I have set up inside. That's right inside the right hand pop door.

and inside, the cage door can be put on to separate them inside. This is where I want to run another section of pipe with access to water nipples

I Love your setup, Papa Chaz. Especially your brooder/quarantine area in the run and in the coop. I have enough room in my chickens' run to do this, but never thought of an extra pop door for inside. Great imagination and thinking ahead!

I Love your setup, Papa Chaz. Especially your brooder/quarantine area in the run and in the coop. I have enough room in my chickens' run to do this, but never thought of an extra pop door for inside. Great imagination and thinking ahead!
thank you very much!

I've posted pics of my last coop before, somewhere way back in this thread I think, I could post again but I'll spare everyone the repetition. I did this with that coop, the only differences were that I built it with the ability to divide the whole inside in half as well as the whole run.

After I built that one, I realized never ever again would I build: A) a run less than tall enough to stand and walk in or B) a coop with an area underneath for the chickens to go, that I couldn't get in as well. To clean, or get to a hurt bird, or get that occasional egg, I'd either have to stoop/bend and with a bad back and legs, not easy to do, OR crawl on my hands and knees through the chicken poop.....

nah, not happening again! LOL

thank you!

I need my set up to look like yours!!! LoL!!! Amazing!
thumbsup.gif

I told everyone I was in the process of building my coop. Between work, EXTREMELY hot afternoons, and a one year old, things are a little slow going. We finally finished the coop, other than the nesting boxes. The nesting boxes and run are next on the list.

This was the early stages

We used the old hog panels for ground digging protection.

This is the back with the "clean out" door. My Grandaddy told me this was how my Great Grandaddy had his built, so we did it that way.

View from the front, before adding the front boards. You can see the holes on the side for the nesting boxes.

Here it is with the door to the run and front completed.

All of my wood, other than the 4x4s are rough cut boards that my mother's dad cut to build a shed and never got to before he died. I am not finished sealing the wood, adding in a roost, the nesting boxes, and the run. There will be a door in the run to allow full access.
I also thought about adding outdoor roost under the coop as well. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
@katiedarling I hope you didn't injure yourself. I sometimes feel like I should always wear a helmet and knee pads around my own home, if my DH hasn't waxed the hell out the floors downstairs causing me to slip and fall, then I'm falling down the stairs:) Luckily I haven't broken any bones yet

Hehe. Not this week. But seems like @katsdar and I are two peas in a pod! LOL I think I posted much earlier in the thread about silly injuries from last week. Mostly making fun of it. Somebody knock on some wood, though! Week's not over yet, and I AM doing big work in the pool yard, trying to play catch up from what didn't get done last year since I broke my ankle in two places while trying to clean it up last season. I was soooo bummed! LOL I did it 15 minutes after I finally got the chems balanced and the water clear to swim! Needless to say, it's a hot trannie mess out there now! looks like Grey Gardens. Thank God, I'm almost done. And the pool is open!
wee.gif

I'm only getting brown eggs now but I would like purple, blue, green, ect...

Sign me up for a purple egg layer!! That's my favorite color. I think some of you breeders out there need to get on that!
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom