YO GEORGIANS! :)

I break them open if I feel like it. Not as much now as when I was losing so many back when. It's pretty cool to see, though. If you want you can put them in a ziploc and then crack them inside of it.

ok a question for y'all. How many of you break open the eggs that don't hatch? time for me to clean out and santize the hatcher. I've found a power supply, tomorrow I'll run in to the computer shop in town and buy a fan and have it ready for next hatch.

and tomorrow, I'm setting 14 more AM eggs, some more of each of the crosses (leghorn and aussie)

oh yeah, carcar, you remember that the leghorn cross chick you hatched for me was way bigger than the others? this one I hatched out yesterday is too. The other turned out to be a rooster, I wonder if that means this one is too, or if all the leghorn crosses will be

I always do! At first I just poke a small hole and look inside in case the chicks is still alive. But, mostly I do it to see about when the chicks died. For some reason, most of mine that don't make it seem to die around lockdown or around then.

I always do! At first I just poke a small hole and look inside in case the chicks is still alive. But, mostly I do it to see about when the chicks died. For some reason, most of mine that don't make it seem to die around lockdown or around then.
I took em in the bathroom, closed the door and we candled them. This is day 24, and the hatcher wasn't warm enough once the fan quit. There was no movement evident in any of them
couple of them we could see the outline real well and could tell there was no movement

I finally candled half of the BW Ameraucana eggs I bought after Newnan.
Day 10, and the 6 I looked at all look great :)

Didn't take the time or the heat loss to look at the rest, just wanted to be sure SOMETHING was happening. These are my first bought eggs.

LOL, Hubby needs to hurry and build me a cabinet incubator. Only setting one batch a month isn't working for me!

First ducklings of the season have hatched. Mom is a Mallard. No clue who the lucky drake is. Hoping it is the Khaki Campbell. That would be a fun looking duck and a great layer if female.

Back
Top Bottom