YO GEORGIANS! :)

When is the next auction? I have a few 4 week cockerels I need to get rid of. It would be fun to see the Auction as well.

Logistics wise - what time to you have to be out there to get things sold?

2nd and 4th Saturday, every month.

Drop off starts at noon ... auction starts at 4. And if you have no reserve set, you don't have to stay. They will mail your check and papers.

Looking for recommendation on the best way to get rid of young roosters: Douglasville TSC Livestock Exchange vs. Villa Rica Auction

TSC has the livestock exchange the 3rd Saturday of every month - 9am-1pm. Per @GAMarans the Villa Rica Auction is 2nd and 4th Saturday.

I have about a half dozen 5 week old cockerels (Maran mix) I need to get rid of - any recommendation as to what is better? I've already posted to craigslist and no nibbles - $2 a piece - its a rough rooster market.

On a related note - is anyone going out to the TSC exchange this Saturday?

TSC you have to stay until they sell ... Auction you don't.
No clue what the turn-out is like at TSC .. haven't ever been to their exchange.
Tricky time of year for young boys.

Best of luck whichever way you go.
smile.png

Well, my chickens have now been on their diet for about 2 1/2 weeks. For the past month I have only gotten 0-3 eggs a day! (from 50 hens!) Well, today I actually got 5 eggs! Two from hens who haven't laid in a while! LOL. And, according to the internet, chickens will use a lot of energy in the winter trying to stay warm, so they should lose some of that junk food fat! It sure would be nice to have my beautiful eggs back!

On dieting: My DH and I have both been on new eating programs. He's on Atkins, I'm on "no sugars or artificial sugars" Just wanted to get the 'poisons' out of my body. Well, in the last 2 1/2 weeks, DH lost 14 pounds and I've lost only 4. Why do guys lose so much more easily than women??? LOL. Last week was hard......wanted those diet cokes soooooooooooooooooooo bad! Water is just so boring!

On another note, I saw some fun hatching eggs on ebay! Do I want to get them???? Help me say 'NO'

Looking for recommendation on the best way to get rid of young roosters: Douglasville TSC Livestock Exchange vs. Villa Rica Auction

TSC has the livestock exchange the 3rd Saturday of every month - 9am-1pm. Per @GAMarans the Villa Rica Auction is 2nd and 4th Saturday.

I have about a half dozen 5 week old cockerels (Maran mix) I need to get rid of - any recommendation as to what is better? I've already posted to craigslist and no nibbles - $2 a piece - its a rough rooster market.

Josh, I would go to auction. I have never seen something NOT sale! There are people there who are there every week who have businesses dealing with chickens. They will cart off hundreds of chickens......even roosters!

At the swaps, you just have to luck out that someone is there looking for roosters. IMO

Looking for recommendation on the best way to get rid of young roosters:  Douglasville TSC Livestock Exchange vs. Villa Rica Auction

TSC has the livestock exchange the 3rd Saturday of every month - 9am-1pm.  Per @GAMarans
 the Villa Rica Auction is 2nd and 4th Saturday.

I have about a half dozen 5 week old cockerels (Maran mix) I need to get rid of - any recommendation as to what is better?  I've already posted to craigslist and no nibbles - $2 a piece - its a rough rooster market.

If you go to TSC, let us know how it goes. I need a few more hens but I need to add a roost to the coop first. I'll be in the market soon, just not tomorrow. The problem with the auction is you rarely know the age of the animals unless they're babies or you happen to run into the owner (and they're willing to tell).

Well, my chickens have now been on their diet for about 2 1/2 weeks.  For the past month I have only gotten 0-3 eggs a day!  (from 50 hens!)  Well, today I actually got 5 eggs!  Two from hens who haven't laid in a while!  LOL.  And, according to the internet, chickens will use a lot of energy in the winter trying to stay warm, so they should lose some of that junk food fat!  It sure would be nice to have my beautiful eggs back! 

On dieting:  My DH and I have both been on new eating programs.  He's on Atkins, I'm on "no sugars or artificial sugars"  Just wanted to get the 'poisons' out of my body.  Well, in the last 2 1/2 weeks, DH lost 14 pounds and I've lost only 4. Why do guys lose so much more easily than women???  LOL.  Last week was hard......wanted those diet cokes soooooooooooooooooooo bad!  Water is just so boring!

On another note, I saw some fun hatching eggs on ebay!  Do I want to get them????   Help me say 'NO'

We cut out sodas about 5 years ago. My husband was borderline diabetic... like in week he'd be diabetic and we had to cut them out immediately. We don't like the way diet tastes. We drink sparkling water now when we are tired of water. There are tons of flavors. My favorite is deer Park raspberry lime. My husband like perrier grapefruit. No sugar or calories, but it has flavor and carbonation so it has the feel of drinking soda without the crap. You can also regularly find lemon, lime and orange flavor. It also comes with no flavor, just carbonated water. I also got used to drinking unsweet tea, I know that's basically sacrilege in the south. Jasmine tea is nice without sugar. It's flowery. Mint tea is good too.

We cut out sodas about 5 years ago. My husband was borderline diabetic... like in week he'd be diabetic and we had to cut them out immediately. We don't like the way diet tastes. We drink sparkling water now when we are tired of water. There are tons of flavors. My favorite is deer Park raspberry lime. My husband like perrier grapefruit. No sugar or calories, but it has flavor and carbonation so it has the feel of drinking soda without the crap. You can also regularly find lemon, lime and orange flavor. It also comes with no flavor, just carbonated water. I also got used to drinking unsweet tea, I know that's basically sacrilege in the south. Jasmine tea is nice without sugar. It's flowery. Mint tea is good too.

Thanks. I will have to try sparkling water again.. I think I tried it a long time ago and didn't like it.....but may have to learn to like it. Too bad the kudzu has quite blooming, the kudzu flower makes a nice light grape tasting tea.

Thanks. I will have to try sparkling water again.. I think I tried it a long time ago and didn't like it.....but may have to learn to like it. Too bad the kudzu has quite blooming, the kudzu flower makes a nice light grape tasting tea.
If the straight sparkling water isn't quite your thing you could put a tiny bit of organic stevia extract liquid. Takes the edge off of it without making it a sweet drink.

Back
Top Bottom