YO GEORGIANS! :)

Do you ever wake up and deal with buying and selling chicks, chickens, ducks, eggs and hatching eggs and at the end of the day you clean up all the empty crates/brooder boxes and you think about how great everything is! I get to hatch chicks and ducks and keep the ones I want and sell the rest to people who are excited to get them! I get to see peoples faces of surprise when they see all the different colored eggs that chickens lay and knowing they never knew they existed! I get to go out to the coop every few hours and gather all those fun colored eggs.....and yes, I still get excited to see that my chickens laid me an egg! (Do you ever NOT get thrilled with getting all the eggs?) I love my hobby!

Do you ever wake up and deal with buying and selling chicks, chickens, ducks, eggs and hatching eggs and at the end of the day you clean up all the empty crates/brooder boxes and you think about how great everything is! I get to hatch chicks and ducks and keep the ones I want and sell the rest to people who are excited to get them! I get to see peoples faces of surprise when they see all the different colored eggs that chickens lay and knowing they never knew they existed! I get to go out to the coop every few hours and gather all those fun colored eggs.....and yes, I still get excited to see that my chickens laid me an egg! (Do you ever NOT get thrilled with getting all the eggs?) I love my hobby!
:goodpost: I love it too:love:love

So, thought I'd post a photo of some of my keepers from recent hatch...
IMG_9073.JPG
This little girl is an Ayam Cemani/California White mix. She has gray skin, wattles and legs. She is a splash. Very unusual looking. Only thing is she will probably lay a medium light brown egg. If the eggs go to large, I will keep her.
IMG_9085.JPG

Obviously a Brahma mix. Have no idea how I got a white one! But, I like her!
IMG_9088.JPG
Another Ayam Cemani/Easter Egger mix. She has the slightest of muffs! Dark Blue coloring. I had an older one and a guy talked me into buying her! Kicked myself after he left with her! But this one looks almost identical! Black comb! Cute as a button!
IMG_9047.JPG

Here they are outside enjoying the sunshine! The buff frizzled male in the front is for sale. Sad it turned out to boy! Any takers? PM me! And, of course I am keeping the cute little white frizzled Naked Neck!

IMG_9086 - Copy.JPG

Another view of the AC/EE mix. Feathers look like they will have a light/dark pattern to them.

I am currently raising blue/black/splash Jersey Giants, salmon/blue salmon/splash Faverolles, Crested cream Legbars, Swedish flowers and assorted Easter Eggers and bantams :> (btw, lots of boys available if anyone is interested!)

As I might or might not have mentioned, I bought 6 Cornish X chicks on clearance at the beginning of April. Fifty cents! I couldn't pass it up and then I could get just one or two layers without worrying about minimums.

Well, it's time for me to buckle down and get these guys dispatched to their freezer. I have been looking them over, amazed at the difference between the smaller three I had assumed were pullets versus the the big meaty three I figure are cockerels. At first I was thinking I would just stagger the butchering, and let the females beef up longer. But the longer I thought the more it didn't seem right. These small ones are no bigger than the layers of the same age, and at least one of the small guys is a cockerel. He flares up and stands off against another same-age cockerel in the pen. I searched the forums here and it looks as if my three smaller white birds are White Rocks.

An inattentive TSC worker must have thrown some White Rocks into the Cornish tub. Anyway the WR pullet is very pretty right now at 8 weeks. She's also very smart.

Becky, those frizzles are gorgeous.

I am currently raising blue/black/splash Jersey Giants, salmon/blue salmon/splash Faverolles, Crested cream Legbars, Swedish flowers and assorted Easter Eggers and bantams :> (btw, lots of boys available if anyone is interested!)
I need a new Swedish Flower pullet. The one I have is getting old. Do you keep the breeds separate or mix them all together? Do you sell hatching eggs?

I need a new Swedish Flower pullet. The one I have is getting old. Do you keep the breeds separate or mix them all together? Do you sell hatching eggs?

Right now they aren't old enough to lay, but they will be kept separate for breeding specifically. I'll be selling hatching eggs mainly :)

Back
Top Bottom