YO GEORGIANS! :)

Another pic it's feet are kind of thick so I ruled out OEGB.
IMG_20180506_100017676_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180506_100032786_HDR.jpg

Wow, I haven't been getting alerts, so I checked in and was about 4 pages behind.:he
I'm all caught up now. I picked up a nice CCL cockerel from Flowerbh last week and he is fitting in with his females perfectly.
DSC_0526.JPG

It was good to visit and finally see that awesome coop. What a beautiful flock in a beautiful setting. Thank you Flowerbh.

Does anyone know what kind of chicken this is . I think it's a pullet but don't know the breed.She/he is not a Cochin, Easter egger or anything else I can think of. I've had her for about 4 weeks. She was in the bantum bin at TSC I was checking out a couple of frizzle cochens. Any good guesses?

Sue, I did a little googling and my guess is Silver Duckwing Leghorn. Sometimes the images don't include "duckwing". (Duckwing is noticeable on roos, who have different coloring.) Four week old chick photos are hard to find, but the cream head with salmon, gray, blue-tinged body sounds like your pullet. Why don't you compare her with what you find out there?

Ugh! I'm killing myself !.....business wise......just sold 3 more hens! That's at least 25 in the past 5 months! Here it is just starting Farmers Market and I am so down on eggs because I keep selling my hens! Yes, I have a bunch of babies growing out, but they won't be egg ready for months! Why do I do this to myself!?!

So, here are some more of my grow outs. They are 9 weeks old.
IMG_9117.JPG

One in front is Michelle, an EE/Ayam Cemani mix. One behind is Willow, an EE.
IMG_9105.JPG
This is Cherokee, an EE
IMG_9111.JPG
Willow from the side. I love her coloring!

IMG_9112.JPG
Willow looking at me
IMG_9114.JPG

This is another EE, Dolly

Attachments

• IMG_9114.JPG
    IMG_9114.JPG
    665.3 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9105.JPG
    IMG_9105.JPG
    634.4 KB · Views: 1
Sue, I did a little googling and my guess is Silver Duckwing Leghorn. Sometimes the images don't include "duckwing". (Duckwing is noticeable on roos, who have different coloring.) Four week old chick photos are hard to find, but the cream head with salmon, gray, blue-tinged body sounds like your pullet. Why don't you compare her with what you find out there?
Thanks for your reply. After some looking I believe it is a White Laced Red Cornish. It is slow growing and quite thick legged. The pics look exactly like it.

Back
Top Bottom