YO GEORGIANS! :)

Hows everyone today
Good, except for the thunderstorm that just rolled up
sad.png

On the bright side, my chickens have finally become a real flock
lol.png
My rooster is taking very well to all of his ladies, and now the pecking order is established and no one is being left out of the group. Love my feathered kids!
love.gif

Ok, all you North GA folk, how many square feet INCLUDING RUN do each of your chickens have? One group will have 22 sq ft, and the others will have 8 sq ft per bird. Will get to free range, but don't want them to be crowded....

Ok, all you North GA folk, how many square feet INCLUDING RUN do each of your chickens have? One group will have 22 sq ft, and the others will have 8 sq ft per bird. Will get to free range, but don't want them to be crowded....
That's great! Most books will tell you anything from 4 - 10 sq feet/per bird! (depending on if you free range or not) My runs have multi-levels of roosts that give them extra space. In other words, not only do they have the space on the ground, but a lot of different level space. My runs are 48 sq ft in one and 114 sq ft in the other. They have a connecting door that I have been keeping open, but can close it if I need to separate them. The coop is only 4 X 4 but they only go in there to lay eggs! I have 16 birds in there right now, so that gives them 10 + sq ft. (plus the additional multi levels going on.) per bird. Plus, my birds free range all day.

That's great! Most books will tell you anything from 4 - 10 sq feet/per bird! (depending on if you free range or not) My runs have multi-levels of roosts that give them extra space. In other words, not only do they have the space on the ground, but a lot of different level space. My runs are 48 sq ft in one and 114 sq ft in the other. They have a connecting door that I have been keeping open, but can close it if I need to separate them. The coop is only 4 X 4 but they only go in there to lay eggs! I have 16 birds in there right now, so that gives them 10 + sq ft. (plus the additional multi levels going on.) per bird. Plus, my birds free range all day.

Thank you! So you think they will be OK?

Back
Top Bottom