YO GEORGIANS! :)

2 of our polish hens

They also like the nest to be high. I think your nest are too low to the grown! My nest are all about 3-4 feet off the ground with a ramp and shelf. There is also a board across the front of the nest to prevent eggs from rolling out of them. Will get photos today. I think that is your biggest issue.

My coop is already 2 foot off the ground. They have not had any issues since adding the curtains.

hey everyone.. its been awhile since we've been on. due to my health we are having to get rid of our chickens i cant be around them anymore. we have rir, slw, glw, polish, f blue n black copper marans, ees, n silkies $5 each.it breacs my heart having to get rid of all that ive raised. we are in haralson county.
Okay, I'm new to chickens. Only been doing this for about four months. How many different breeds of chickens do you have? I saw the list but don't know all the abbreviations. My DD11 and I may be interested in four or five hens but we would be looking for each to be a different kind. She is treating chicken keeping like an experiment. We have three bantam hens that just reached laying age. Our two roosters are isolated and are being given away this weekend. You are only a couple hours from us and we don't mind road trips especially if there is learning involved.

We have about 12-15 different bree
Okay, I'm new to chickens.  Only been doing this for about four months.  How many different breeds of chickens do you have?  I saw the list but don't know all the abbreviations.  My DD11 and I may be interested in four or five hens but we would be looking for each to be a different kind.  She is treating chicken keeping like an experiment.  We have three bantam hens that just reached laying age.  Our two roosters are isolated and are being given away this weekend.  You are only a couple hours from us and we don't mind road trips especially if there is learning involved.
ds

2 of our polish hens

My chicks just arrived on Tuesday and I have one Silver-laced Polish in the bunch. She is by far the sweetest and smartest of the bunch. Was first to figure out everything. Runs to my hand when I put it in the brooder before any of the other 5. Are they all sweet like that?

This is Georgette, (after my DH) :lau

Last edited:
BLUE EGGERS *** SALE ***
$15 for 1 female chick
$ 8 for 1 male chick

Hatching Eggs $3 each or GET AN AMAZING DOZEN FOR $30

You can tell right away male from female no guess work! These are pure bred good quality well taken care off chicken.

If you breed a Cream Legbar Rooster with a brown egg laying hen, you will get Easter Egger off-spring.

(my petchicken . com wants almost $50 EACH chick)

Please contact me if you are interested . . . see photos of the parents and chicks......must pick up . . . we don't ship. . .Location Evans, Ga( CSRA augusta thomson)

Also try searching and joing: Cream Legbar Chicken Ga August Blue Eggs

PS if your in mcduffie county or surrounding areas please feel free to join my group too. Maybe it's tacky but I am trying to find people close to me with the same love of country. In a world where I wasn't fitting in im searching for more like me. Im not a farmer....but im on my way to being country start in feb with 6 chicks now have 40ish and 8 incubating .... mcduffie county chicken and things

Hi guys. I thought I'd come home to a broody with four babies. Instead I found one with three babies and an egg shoved to the corner of the coop, half hatched and covered in ants. And, as my luck goes, still hatching. :/

Pulled it out of the egg, dipped it in warm water/vinegar and cleaned it up and tried giving it to another broody with no eggs.. She rejected it too. So, long story short, it's now wriggling and peeping in a towel on my tummy for now. I don't expect it to live by any means but I just can't give up yet lol. If it weren't so active and, well, normal-acting aside from the obvious navel issue.. :(

Last edited:
Hi guys. I thought I'd come home to a broody with four babies. Instead I found one with three babies and an egg shoved to the corner of the coop, half hatched and covered in ants. And, as my luck goes, still hatching.
hmm.png

Pulled it out of the egg, dipped it in warm water/vinegar and cleaned it up and tried giving it to another broody with no eggs.. She rejected it too. So, long story short, it's now wriggling and peeping in a towel on my tummy for now. I don't expect it to live by any means but I just can't give up yet lol. If it weren't so active and, well, normal-acting aside from the obvious navel issue..
sad.png

I don't blame you for doing all you can. If nothing else is will not die alone or death by fire ants!

Back
Top Bottom