YO GEORGIANS! :)

Added a candling day on 10 because I DO WHAT I WANT AND NOBODY'S THE BOSS OF ME!
D.gif

D.gif

To date, from 23 eggs set, I have 2 clears that I've pitched: 1 CCL & 1 Choc/Cuckoo Orp. I have one more Orp that I'm suspicious of, but the shells are so opaque it's hard to tell. I had thought that the Isbars were my hardest to read, but the Orpingtons are proving to be a challenge. At this point, I'm just hoping for 3!

TWO Isbar rooster!

Hello All!

Well we heard that first crow this morning after holding out hope that our Isbar pullets were just early developers! :fl

We have a black and a blue available that are beautiful, free to a good home. Unfortunately we already have two roosters. Isbar pullets lay a beautiful olive green egg; these two are straight from Greenfire Farms.

Please email [email protected] if you are interested.

Added a candling day on 10 because I DO WHAT I WANT AND NOBODY'S THE BOSS OF ME!
D.gif

D.gif

To date, from 23 eggs set, I have 2 clears that I've pitched: 1 CCL & 1 Choc/Cuckoo Orp. I have one more Orp that I'm suspicious of, but the shells are so opaque it's hard to tell. I had thought that the Isbars were my hardest to read, but the Orpingtons are proving to be a challenge. At this point, I'm just hoping for 3!
graphics-flashing-light-245546.gif
WARNING! MAJOR CANDLING VIOLATION!

WARNING! MAJOR CANDLING VIOLATION!

:lau

I have a feeling that just 3 of the orp eggs will make it...unless there's something I just can't see in #4. I'm planning on just giving you whatever hatches so you can incorporate it into your flock or whatever breeding project you get going. I have a feeling it won't be hard to get birds off of you later. ;)

Okay so now that I've thoroughly read the information about introducing new chickens to a flock, I'm worried about buying these chickens. Only because I don't have the space to quarantine for a month ( I read a month is best). We're getting our garage converted soon and our newly purchased barn shed won't be delivered for another few weeks. The shed is way to hot to house any animal anyway. Also, just the 3-4 days I had the chickens in the garage before was very tough.
:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie:barnie

This is a bummer.So I need help again. Any advice on a reputable source for new chickens? Where I won't have to worry about disease wiping out my little flock? Any of y'all have any older pullets for sale? I want to stick to buff Orpington but if it has a quiet nature then I'm good. I just want two chickens around the same age as mine. I think I feel less edgy about not waiting 30 days if I get some pullets from somebody on here. Am i worrying to much? I'm trying to be cautious. I don't know what I'm doing.:hit

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom