YO GEORGIANS! :)

Well I want to hope on the silkie bandwagon. I have 3 females and one male. If you count showgirls, I have two more females and a male. Two Cochin frizzles, one frizzle of a breed I don't remember, 6 cream legbars, two olive eggers, and some growouts headed to the freezer soon.

If you're looking to buy show-quality chickens, Friday (first day) is the best day to go to the Newnan Show for the swap. Last year folks were wheeling and dealing at the end of day on Friday. Lots of bargains to be had. Many of the sellers don't stick around for Saturday. I had hoped to go this year but had other plans, and now even those have been canceled since Lisa has the flu. Seems that she's improving though, so that's the good news. However, since Lisa is sickm and since I have been around her, I'm keeping a low profile. Don't want to give the flu to others.

If you're looking to buy show-quality chickens, Friday (first day) is the best day to go to the Newnan Show for the swap. Last year folks were wheeling and dealing at the end of day on Friday. Lots of bargains to be had. Many of the sellers don't stick around for Saturday. I had hoped to go this year but had other plans, and now even those have been canceled since Lisa has the flu. Seems that she's improving though, so that's the good news. However, since Lisa is sickm and since I have been around her, I'm keeping a low profile. Don't want to give the flu to others.

Which Friday are you talking about? Hope you don't catch the flu.

Which Friday are you talking about? Hope you don't catch the flu.
That Friday was actually today. http://www.cvpa-newnan.org/show.html

I hope I don't catch the flu either. The flu shot is pretty much ineffective this year because the vaccine covers the wrong strain of the virus. The CDC has to guess every year, but this year they missed it. I got a pneumonia shot last month since many people who are getting ill from this strain are coming down with pneumonia.

557C889D-12DD-4669-97A5-82D145DB3CAC.jpeg
Coming home froM the show. Bruce, you were right. They said they sold out of most things on Friday. Only thing I got this time were these hatching eggs. The blue ones will be olive Eggers!

Bruce. Maybe you can help me with some genes questions. My Ayam Cemani rooster is going to be a daddy! So, questions: Do you know if their black combs/wattles are recessive or dominant? One of the hens is a white leghorn....are the white feathers dominant or the black? Or will there just be some of each color? I guess what I am asking is....can I get white chicks (or other colors) with black combs? Thanks for any info!

Back
Top Bottom