Yogi Bears Breed

kayleedixon37

In the Brooder
Oct 18, 2020
qThis is Yogi Bear. We were told he was a Golden Retriever/Labrador Retriever Mix. He absolutely loves me and my household family. But he will bite anyone else. Any tips on that? And what do you think his breed is???!!

Attachments

• 43380207-6623-45B5-8A80-B56E4E2EA6C3.png
    43380207-6623-45B5-8A80-B56E4E2EA6C3.png
    4.5 MB · Views: 6
  • F28C86EF-1889-456D-AFBE-0DEF3F2770B7.jpeg
    F28C86EF-1889-456D-AFBE-0DEF3F2770B7.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 0
  • E0761F24-D632-4D60-A389-440F62110C4B.jpeg
    E0761F24-D632-4D60-A389-440F62110C4B.jpeg
    160 KB · Views: 0
  • 2B1B2081-86A2-4F6B-BB7A-39294FE8EE8E.png
    2B1B2081-86A2-4F6B-BB7A-39294FE8EE8E.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 0
I think Yogi Bear is a golden/labrador mix.
When Yogi Bear bites other people... How do the people introduce themselves to Yogi Bear? Or does Yogi Bear run up to the people?

From his markings, fawn color, wrinkles lines on his forehead when smiling and the way he carries his ears there is a strong chance he has some sort of pit bull in him. But don't panic that does not mean he's a bad dog or not trainable.
Sounds like he has a high drive and maybe channeling it into protecting his pack. Teaching him basic commands is first and foremost. Socialization in a controlled environment is going to have to happen.
There are a few people on here that have commented on others with excellent advise that I'm sure will chime in and give you great advise on training tips.
A tan with white Labrabull dog is wearing a green collar standing on top of a triangular obstacle. There is a chainlink fence behind it

Ben the Labrador Retriever / Pitbull Terrier mix at 15 months old

Other Names
  • Lab-Pit
  • Labrabull Labrabull
  • Pitador
  • Pit-Lab
  • Pitador Retriever

Last edited:
I think Yogi Bear is a golden/labrador mix.
When Yogi Bear bites other people... How do the people introduce themselves to Yogi Bear? Or does Yogi Bear run up to the people?
just yogi walking by people
he tries to bite and even seeing people outside

From his markings, fawn color, wrinkles lines on his forehead when smiling and the way he carries his ears there is a strong chance he has some sort of pit bull in him. But don't panic that does not mean he's a bad dog or not trainable.
Sounds like he has a high drive and maybe channeling it into protecting his pack. Teaching him basic commands is first and foremost. Socialization in a controlled environment is going to have to happen.
There are a few people on here that have commented on others with excellent advise that I'm sure will chime in and give you great advise on training tips.
A tan with white Labrabull dog is wearing a green collar standing on top of a triangular obstacle. There is a chainlink fence behind it

Ben the Labrador Retriever / Pitbull Terrier mix at 15 months old

Other Names
  • Lab-Pit
  • Labrabull Labrabull
  • Pitador
  • Pit-Lab
  • Pitador Retriever
thank you very much. i was thinking he was part pit as well. he knows basic commands very well. just doesn’t listen wants he sees someone he does not know.

I would start with teaching him that command with food or treats. And then lead up to objects and people, and eventually maybe a passer by will be happy to help you in an outside setting.

I just saw your command "don't do it" do you use this command when he does the biting?

I would start with teaching him that command with food or treats. And then lead up to objects and people, and eventually maybe a passer by will be happy to help you in an outside setting.

I just saw your command "don't do it" do you use this command when he does the biting?
when he wants to bite, and he’s aggressively barking, we do, we say “dont do it”

Back
Top Bottom