York, PA Spring Show, May 5th. Anyone attending?

Tammy,
There will be some people there from UOC. A real nice fellow and member of the UOC, Joel Gilman, who usually shows Orpingtons there is having his very large TRADE DAY sale that same day. This sale is said to be extremely large and was told you will find just about anything you are looking for there also. Besides his sale, Central Pennsylvania Avian Club is also having their spring auction that same day. Good luck at the show. Harry UOC member

Yes!! I will be showing there this year. Last year was my first time showing in York and I'll be back.

Harry, I'm planning to bring a couple of Orps that you sold...that great blue cockerel and the older black hen (I think you sold them together, actually). They are looking pretty sharp. The blue cockerel's comb no longer has that slight lop to his comb, which I think was the reason you were selling him.

Aside from the Orps, I'll have some black Rosecombs, bantam brown Leghorns, and a few LF SL wyandottes. Plus a few ducks.

Looking forward to it!

Keith

Keith,
Good luck at the show. As you know there is a lot of shows, auctions, traders in Va. going on around here that weekend. Haven't decided which one to go to yet. Two shows on Sunday also. It seems they all have to have the same exact date for some reason. May take several birds to Bloomsburg to sell since I have too many right now to feed.

Thanks, Harry!

Yeah, I know what you mean about everything being scheduled the same day/weekend. It never fails to happen.

Hope to see you at Green Dragon sometime soon.

Keith

Tammy,
There will be some people there from UOC. A real nice fellow and member of the UOC, Joel Gilman, who usually shows Orpingtons there is having his very large TRADE DAY sale that same day. This sale is said to be extremely large and was told you will find just about anything you are looking for there also. Besides his sale, Central Pennsylvania Avian Club is also having their spring auction that same day. Good luck at the show. Harry UOC member
Joel's swap is like no other I have been to. Two years ago he also held a VA State Show there at the same time as the Swap. So I took things to sell and birds to show including Orpingtons. My one Orp hen won RB! You can walk around the swap for hours and not see it all. And, you are right, Joel is a really nice guy. He has been helping me by giving me advice regarding Orpingtons and showing for about 4 years now.

Thanks for the response. I think I am going to enter a trio of LF Orps and a quad of bantam orps at the York show.

I agree. I want to attend everything! York and Joel's place are both about the same distance from me, but I am hoping Dick H. has some bantam orps for sale at the York show. I need to add to my blues.

Back
Top Bottom