You know you are "Country" when...

Will you all be my adopted family?  My family just doesn't get it!  I'm the oddball because I make bread and soap, raise chickens for eggs and meat, and the four seasons of the year are planting, irrigating, harvest, and snowmobiling seasons!  I try to wear my hair down on "office days" if it's cool, but around here I still end up with loads of rice dust, rice hulls, and feathers in my hair (from visiting my kids).

I got a good one!  YKYACW: you have a "junk" pile that is bigger than a car but it's the envy of other country folk.  You have often traded this or that from your "junk" pile for a thingamabob from theirs that was just what you needed to replace the doo-hickey that broke.

My family doesn't get it either. I was raised in the city but even as a kid I loved the country now I live in the country. I have a pretty good flock of chickens we are getting goats in the spring and if I can talk my husband into it a small dairy cow. My parents and siblings think I'm crazy and when I mention canning or making bread they look at me like I grew another head.

OOH I got one!!

DH's windshield wipers wouldn't stay on. So we zip tied them.

I never even cut the "tails" off of the ties. We're so redneck
lol.png
yuckyuck.gif

I only buy cloths that have a use, whether they have pockets, keep me warm, can handle a load of poop and dirt. No fancy heels or little black dresses around here.

Last edited:
And on that note, all clothes are washed in hot, there is actual dirt on our clothes, never have I washed on cold, must be a city slicker setting.

Back
Top Bottom