You know you are "Country" when...

On that note, @TBirdsTheWord33, you know you're a country girl when you've been: Bit, kicked, stomped, bucked off, rolled over, drug through mud, trees, and water; spat, sneezed, and coughed on; smashed in gates, cattle chutes, trailer doors, and between bodies; thrown into fences, drug through the fairgrounds by an ornery ram, thrown off in front of hundreds of spectators; misfired and self vaccinated, fell in the sheep dip tank, stood in a wool bag and stomped poopy wool; jumped from said wool bags into what you assumed was another bag but it was concrete, fell off numerous haystacks, trees, barns, and the house..... Not a single broken bone :D
My goodness, it's a miracle you're alive! You should write a children's book called "The Misadventures of Shortgrass." Every country kid would own a copy and you'd be rolling in the dough (and cow pies, poopy wool, etc.)!
So, I've read thru this thread & I see you all have seen the photos hubby got of me in my crocks and pjs! :/ Sorry about that.... In my defense, I did not know he set up the hunting camera there! Not my fault. You know you are country when people no longer ask about your welfare, nor the welfare of your family. They just ask:
" HOW'S THE CHICKENS???"

:cd :jumpy
Oh, that is SO true! It seems our family has become synonymous with chickens. It's all about them now. They're fluffy and cute. We're big and ugly.

@shortgrassYou know you're county when you see this in a farm store and "get" the humor:

You never have to explain "cow pies" or "road apples" to any country person here...

Last edited:
Shortgrass: I think i bought your horse! He did the same to me!

Oh if he was, then yes, he probably knew right when to stop to throw you into a patch of stickers, and his personal favorite, rolling in the water to wash me off lol... Oh I sure miss that big lug :D

@shortgrassYou know you're county when you see this in a farm store and "get" the humor:

You never have to explain "cow pies" or "road apples" to any country person here...

Ha! I LOVE those things! Lol and Black cows, and Cow tails... Lol hick candy, I need to find some caramel filled road apples ha-ha ;)

I've always actually wondered...

Why do we scoop up "road apples" with a "cherry picker"?.... Am I the only one who missed the memo on why it's not an "apple picker"? :p

Last edited:
My goodness, it's a miracle you're alive! You should write a children's book called "The Misadventures of Shortgrass." Every country kid would own a copy and you'd be rolling in the dough (and cow pies, poopy wool, etc.)!
Oh, that is SO true! It seems our family has become synonymous with chickens. It's all about them now. They're fluffy and cute. We're big and ugly.

What a NOVEL idea!

:D

You knew it was coming ;)

Back
Top Bottom