You know you are "Country" when...

Quote:
My house too!
lol.png

My lovely wife had to go to the local clinic last week for bronchitis. The doctors roll around chair in the office was a mechanics stool with a tool tray underneath that had "Goodyear Racing" logo on the top...

I used to take showers with my ducklings when I was around 5 or 6 and then my ma would have to clean the shower...or carrying ducklings around in my hoodie pockets, ma was always cleaning hoodies.
lol.png

When looking out the window while making dinner it is a normal occurance to see your children being chased by a goat and loving every minute of it..............................

Whe you stand outside in a wife beater , cozy pants, and flip flops on the front porch and feed your chickens, goat, and dogs tasty treats and wave to the neighbors as they walk by staring.

And when you make your children sit still you you can take pictures like this......
38307_photo.jpg

Which is bigger, the hair or the chickens butt?

When you take off your jacket in the local restaurant and feathers fall to the ground (because you were keeping a chicken warm). When your students look at your shoes and ask if that is gum stuck to the bottom,,, and you don't chew gum! When the local law pulls over to see if you need help because you are waving a piece of PVC pipe and screaming into what he thinks is a playhouse (the coop). When you call in late to work because your favorite duck got a piece of string from the feed bag around her foot and tied herself to a tree overnight (this morning). When you don't want to be close to the feathered kids because you have a cold and don't want them to get sick.

Last edited:
...All us neighbors try to keep cop calls to a minimum so the townfolks don't come out lookin' too close and gettin' too over-meddlesome in our affairs:
= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
-- "*What* bit him? I thought you aren't allowed to keep a wild animal as a pet!"

-- "Five households sick from the spring water? How long has it been since they've sent in a water sample for state testing?"

-- "I think 63 is a few cats more than is reasonable..."

-- "That's child abuse--making your children play outside barefoot. You don't expect me to believe you say you can't get them to bother to put on shoes!"

-- "I always thought you had to have some kind of permit to collect firewood."

-- "More than 80% of traffic incidents have involved livestock or wildlife??!?"

-- "What happened to the deer that got hit on Catfish Road yesterday? And, boy, this is good barbecue!"

-- "No, your citation for failure to control noxious weed populations cannot list your goat as the negligent party."

-- "Who all has a key to your house? What do you mean, 'There isn't one'?"

-- "There were how many kids piled on that 4-wheeler when it wrecked??!?"

-- "You need to get a tetanus shot for that."

-- "Says he has no idea what happened to Smith's dog. Says last time he saw it was when the dog was over at his place killin' his chickens, and he hasn't seen it since."

* Note: Most of the above have some basis in actual happenings in a certain Idaho stickville. Here to remain unnamed...
lol.png

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Last edited:
My DH says that I am living in the wrong area. One of my girls went over the fence into the neoughbors backyard. The fence is a crappy chain link fence so my DH had to help e over it lol. I ended up gettin my jeans caught on a rusty piece of fencing and tearing up the one pair of jeans that I can wear out to town. Then I chased Shelby around around and around some more lol... Yes I did catch her
smile.png

Then this morning she was over there again. I grab the frying pan with left over eggs and started yellin for her, and up and over the fence she comes runnin for them eggs.
DH says I would have no problem out in the country. I'm just not in the right place right now.

Quote:
I don't know, but I wouldn't let my hens sit on my hair when it's fluffed up--they might decide to LAY there!!
gig.gif

That is our tiny frizzle roo. Now my daughter wants to put every chicken on her head!

Back
Top Bottom