You know you love your chickens when...

Oooh yeah, I can relate to all of the above.

We plan our meals around what the chickens can eat
roll.png

For example, if we are having steak, some is deliberately left over for them for breakfast. Or if we are cooking something they can have, we cook extra just for them. And, if we do have something that they can not .. I have pre-prepared chicken breakfasts in the freezer which can be defrosted and added to the pasta, lettuce or other fresh vegies they are getting for breakfast.

:gig  Every time I am in the store and see anything I give to the chickens, I think "chicken food!" Lettuce, peas, carrots, you name it!
We used to give old bread to the chickens and when I saw it in the store I immediately thought "Yuck, why are they selling that stale stuff?!"

We plan our meals around what the chickens can eat :rolleyes:

For example, if we are having steak, some is deliberately left over for them for breakfast.  Or if we are cooking something they can have, we cook extra just for them.  And, if we do have something that they can not .. I have pre-prepared chicken breakfasts in the freezer which can be defrosted and added to the pasta, lettuce or other fresh vegies they are getting for breakfast.

:gig

We plan our meals around what the chickens can eat
roll.png

For example, if we are having steak, some is deliberately left over for them for breakfast. Or if we are cooking something they can have, we cook extra just for them. And, if we do have something that they can not .. I have pre-prepared chicken breakfasts in the freezer which can be defrosted and added to the pasta, lettuce or other fresh vegies they are getting for breakfast.
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

Good idea!

when you feed them all your lunch you were kinda to eating
big_smile.png

If it is anything like here, that is actually Them sharing Their lunch with you
wink.png
lol

We like to sit outside, under the gazebo on the weekend and have lunch ... as soon as we sit down, 5 little banties are dancing around "yippee, lunch is here!" lol
lau.gif
This thread is so much fun!

If I am eating outside, I have an urge to share my food. They really appreciate donations!

We keep the girls live meal worm supply in a blue ice cream container .. the girls are very wary of people they do not know but I am pretty sure if anyone walks into our garden with a blue ice cream container, instant BFF's. And if they should leave with the blue ice cream container, they would have 5 banties in tow
lau.gif

We keep the girls live meal worm supply in a blue ice cream container .. the girls are very wary of people they do not know but I am pretty sure if anyone walks into our garden with a blue ice cream container, instant BFF's.  And if they should leave with the blue ice cream container, they would have 5 banties in tow :lau

MMmmmm. Mealworm ice cream!

Back
Top Bottom