You know you love your chickens when...

Sure!

This picture doesn't do justice to how cute she was. (And I look like a cranky person. LOL) I was wearing a hoodie that's about 4 or 5 sizes to big for me, so she could comfortably fit under there.

Last edited:
When your husband says no more chicks but you have a hen go broody and you give her 5 eggs.
1f601.png
1f601.png
1f601.png
1f601.png
He just rolled his eyes and said "whatever makes you happy". I told him I'm just trying to make her happy!! Haha

Thanks for sharing. You both look so cute together. It's wonderful when they let us hold them. She must really trust you.

Thanks for sharing. You both look so cute together. It's wonderful when they let us hold them. She must really trust you.

Thanks! I believe she does. She can't go outside with the flock because her body can't handle the cold temps, so she's been in the house since November and I've basically been her flock. She gets so excited to see me in the morning and it's just precious.

Chickenchick11, that's a really sweet picture! Did she cuddle with you for awhile?

Thanks! She did. I believe for about 10 or 15 minutes. Today was a nice, but muddy day, so I bundled her up in an old towel and took her outside for a walk and so she could get some fresh air. She really enjoyed it and sat happily in her towel as I carried her around outside.

You go to let your girls out of the coop and to feed them their morning treat and discover on the way back to the house that your very long driveway is generously sprinkled in small night crawlers and spend nearly an hour collecting dozens of them just so those precious ladies can have an extra tasty bonus for breakfast. They were delighted by the way.
wee.gif

Thanks! I believe she does. She can't go outside with the flock because her body can't handle the cold temps, so she's been in the house since November and I've basically been her flock. She gets so excited to see me in the morning and it's just precious.
Thanks! She did. I believe for about 10 or 15 minutes. Today was a nice, but muddy day, so I bundled her up in an old towel and took her outside for a walk and so she could get some fresh air. She really enjoyed it and sat happily in her towel as I carried her around outside.
So sweet! She is a very lucky lady. It's amazing what we are willing to do for our chickens. Great picture and posts!!!

Back
Top Bottom