You might be a redneck if... for laughs share your critter story that fits

Pics
I am after a large round trough that is no longer good for that to make into a brooder.
How do they work for that?
they work great! if you can get the round ones that have a hole through them, cut it lengthwise, then to the length you need, slip over the butt bumper and tape in place, on top of the middle divider/top of the front stops too, way cheaper than anything else i have found

i have a big 200+ gal stock tank i use as a brooder, and i throw an old baby gate over it so they cant fly out

Last edited:
I have been laughed at for all the stuff I see in free piles and madly jump for coz I know JUST WHERE I can use it. One person in particular loves to rib me on how my house and coop are gonna be half duct tape and zip ties soon. :lol:

I am after a large round trough that is no longer good for that to make into a brooder.
How do they work for that?

they work great! if you can get the round ones that have a hole through them, cut it lengthwise, then to the length you need, slip over the butt bumper and tape in place, on top of the middle divider/top of the front stops too, way cheaper than anything else i have found

i have a big 200+ gal stock tank i use as a brooder, and i throw an old baby gate over it so they cant fly out

Ha-ha, that's what we call the "pool".. We picked up a stock tank for brooding chicks in, and now its the girls swimming pool in summer. Being as we can't fill those cheap kid ones for the girls without the ducks immediately running over and pooping in them. :p

I'm a horrible coffee can hoarder, too. I have probably 30 of them in various piles around the yard. Mostly for scoops, but sometimes for watering, picking seeds, gathering eggs, drums for the kids...and on a windy day, something to keep me occupied while I go gather them all back up. ;)

Ah, the coffee can. It can also be used for; small lego sets, fermented feed, storing scratch (portion size lets kids help), holding guts when processing, as well as a blood catcher, and last, a potty. It's great on the road!

Ah, the coffee can. It can also be used for; small lego sets, fermented feed, storing scratch (portion size lets kids help), holding guts when processing, as well as a blood catcher, and last, a potty. It's great on the road!
I have a coffee can with kitty litter in my storm shelter for a potty in emergencies.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom