You were so sweet.

macdoogle2

Songster
12 Years
Apr 3, 2011
San Diego
I had to put my Hen down today. First time I've done this. I've been in tears all day, while at the same time picturing her running around laughing at me. I believe in the Rainbow Bridge. You know, where our pets go waiting for us to join them. All are healthy and running around in a meadow. That is how I picture her. My Gimpy girl running around on 2 solid legs. Anyway, if you need a place to remember your lost friend....

So this my story and I'm not proud. I researched how to do the deed and I knew braking the neck was the best way to a quick death. I carried her around for an hour feeding her treats and talking to her but I just couldn't do it. So finally I put her in an old cooler with a drainage valve and hooked the cooler up to the car exhaust. One minute later and it was all over. Thing is while the engine was running Ileft the car and shut the door and locked the keys in the car. Had to call AAA to open the door. That is when I saw her laughing. She was such a sweet hen, brave to the end.

I'm so sorry you had to put her down. It's so hard for us to do to our pets.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom