Young chickens perching on us?

We are doctoring one of our girls for Bumble foot. When my wife holds her she sits there and looks around and when she is finally bored with us she starts to peck at freckles on my wife's arm. We sit there and laugh our heads off(me more than her). We love our girls and they are comfortable with us holding them but we still have to chase them down to catch them. The roo is a different story......
40971_me_and_my_rooster_006.jpg

Its normal. It takes chickens a while to get use to you. My 3 week olds are leaping all over me now. It took a couple of weeks though! Glad to see that your chickens are getting warmed up to the idea of having pet humans
big_smile.png

Quote:
LOL... "Honey, look at the camera," I say, as sweet little Dixie perches on his shoulder. "No, she'll peck my eye!"
"She's not going to peck your eye!" He never did look at her, but just seconds after this shot was taken, she did the old reach around and pecked him in the eye!!! His eye was SO red for days. He wouldn't let them sit on his lap without safety glasses on for a month...lol.
37862_john_and_chickens_nov_022.jpg

Back
Top Bottom