young hen with white dot in center of both eyes

I would think so if just one eye, but it's both and I think it's been getting gradually worse. We get wind, she might have got a face full of sand at some point, if its infection maybe the yarrow will work. OR I have cat eye drops for infection (my cat has a plugged duct and it will have to be unplugged.) @DotToDot would those be better? Antibiotic with a steroid I think
I’m not sure I would use something intended for a cat on a chicken. Hopefully the yarrow works.

What is the name of the cat eye drop? Most eye drops, especially antibiotics, may be used on other animals, but I would like to see the name or the product label. I do think she has cataracts or cloudiness from a disease or vitamin deficiency. As long as she can see to get food and water in her familiar environment, she should be okay.

Can you get a close up of the other hen’s eye in the background. She almost look like she has ocular Mareks, or an abnormal looking eye. Is that eye paler in color or have an irregular pupil?

the other hens eyes all look normal, just the one. I'm going to try the yarrow drops - had to go get an eye dropper. I know the cat found the antibiotic drops bothersome, not sure if they hurt or he just doesn't like eyedrops

very well ventilated, very dry, we are in drought, no odor of ammonia, but there certainly is dust. Coop was built to shed heat - windows on all 4 sides with half inch hardware cloth, higher than the perch, front and side door open. Only place not ventilated is the nest box

Back
Top Bottom