Young male guinea slit his toe open; Won't stop bleeding.

Do you have styptic powder?? It's a bleed stop powder. I have used it. If it is wrapped, I would definitely keep her in a quiet area to heal. Butterfly tape sometimes works well. Otherwise, not being an expert, the other suggestions are good as well. Please do keep us posted??

Do you have styptic powder?? It's a bleed stop powder. I have used it. If it is wrapped, I would definitely keep her in a quiet area to heal. Butterfly tape sometimes works well. Otherwise, not being an expert, the other suggestions are good as well. Please do keep us posted??
I don't have a blood stopper. If I did, I would have used it. I guess I will pick some up soon. I will keep you all posted! It's nice to see you again SacredWaves! I've not seen you in a while.

Here is the little boy. He is settling down for the night.
16792671952998815127335128932521.jpg

I don't have a blood stopper. If I did, I would have used it. I guess I will pick some up soon. I will keep you all posted! It's nice to see you again SacredWaves! I've not seen you in a while.
Thank you so much. I am happy to be back! Life has been very hectic for the last few months. Getting it together though. Hope you are well? Yes, please keep us posted. Styptic powder was an investment I have been greatful for, on more than one occasion. It works for animal and human. So much we have to learn, and it never seems we learn enough, does it? Everyday my chickens teach me something else. 🤪

Update- He is doing better, and is being super sassy and energetic. His foot is still nasty looking though, and some gauze got stuck in his wound, and I can't get it out. The pictures are from yesterday.
Edit from two days after I wrote this 😅 I forgot about it..
I got the gauze out, but it started bleeding badly. I put some styptic powder on it, and it helped. I didn't look at his foottoday, but it is looking better.
20230320_183653.jpg
20230320_183642.jpg

Back
Top Bottom