Your advice please?!

kimyey

In the Brooder
May 18, 2016
[/IMG]

Hello everyone, first off thank you for taking the time to read this post and share your opinion and experience. We have 2 black sex links whims but are raw and red. One of the girls are now starting to lose hair now up her back. Their stools are Normal, their vents are Norma their eating and drinking we even took them to the vet they didn't see any mites. They were like this at the age of 5 months and are now a year old. I'm just running out of possible guesses here. Their healthy birds they don't pick at it nor are the other girls

Anyone have any opinions ?

Thanks again!

http://www.tillysnest.com/2012/12/reasons-for-missing-feathers-in-html/

This article may have some ideas...
I had a hen who just would not grow back feathers lost from being mated by an ill mannered rooster. I upped her protein with BOSS but it still took a while. They may be picking their feathers as they start coming in, or may be pecking each other when you aren't looking. You'd be surprised what they get up to after they're in the coop for the night.

Thank you so much for your advice no visible mites or live now we have a chicken pecking at the end of hey tail towards the back of her body and ripped her feather out and drew blood

Well, now you know someone is up to no good, causing the feather loss! Make sure they have enough space and things to keep them busy is the only advice I can give. Good luck!

Get your birds a pecking block would possibly help distract them from doing this. They could be bored. You can put a product called stop pick on your featherless females in the photo. It tastes bad so the other birds learn to lose their bad behavior.

Back
Top Bottom