Your experience - how effective is electric netting for free ranging during the day?

Towing the flaming locomotive from the cliff edge and putting it back on the track.....
yuckyuck.gif

Thank you!

I've ordered mine and it's on its way. That Premier installation video makes it look so easy - they must have softer dirt/ground than I have.

Scatterknit, we have clay soil and it just wasn't too difficult to get into the ground. The grounding stake was a bit difficult!

centrachid, that will be a very valuable comparison.

centrachid, so true, but it will be more than we had before the comparison, which is zero, zip, nada.
big_smile.png
I've often wondered how the two would compare. Maybe I should replicate and then we will have 2 poorly substantiated opinions. That's the stuff that makes the world go 'round!
old.gif

Having others do same would help. I do see a problem with one of my Kencove nettings where the vertical plastic strips are breaking. That is on my newest length while the older lengths are holding up much better. I think there is a quality control issue with respect to batches made.

Having others do same would help. I do see a problem with one of my Kencove nettings where the vertical plastic strips are breaking. That is on my newest length while the older lengths are holding up much better. I think there is a quality control issue with respect to batches made.

That's not good. Sorry to hear it.

I've only had one repair I had to do with my Premier 1 but it's under a great big tree that has regularly dropped branches, sometimes on the fence, and I suspect that had something to do with it. It got tired. It was on a 3 yr old section, though, so maybe not. I like that they send a repair kit with the fence.

The only repair I’ve had to do on my Premier was this last winter. A rabbit chewed through it. The snow grounded out the netting so it was ineffective. The rabbit did not get shocked. The tracks made it clear what did the chewing. It did not actually chew through the metal wire, just the plastic cord.

Right after I set it up a deer (I assume deer) ran into it and knocked a couple of poles over, but all I had to do was upright it.

My ground is very rocky so I normally use a hammer to install it and drive those prongs in the ground. Sometimes I have to shift around to find a place that is not a big rock so the fence is not always perfectly straight.

The damage my length suffered may have been done by voles. We had an outbreak over the last year and have been chewing on items that are not edible. To do damage as noted they would have to be clear of the ground. Damage took place during periods of snow pushing 6". Outer perimeter of hotwire remained hot plus dogs did their bit so exceptional low predator issues over last 9 months or so. Point remains only one length damaged.

Back
Top Bottom