Your favorite tool you got cheap.?

My dollar store dishbrush for waterers:

1662902360626.png

My herding sticks:

1662902483160.png

I don't have a photo, but I use the bottom half of the plastic containers that rotisserie chickens come in as containers for feeding mash.

I also have a small dishpan from the dollar store that I use for many purposes in the coop, including large batches of mash, open water on blistering hot days, feeding kitchen scraps, etc.

I wanted to start a thread for all the newbies to show them our favorite tool you got and how they're used for a buck or so. Everything is so expensive right now I thought it would be helpful for all of us.
I'll start :
I bought some awesome roost scrapers at the $ tree to scrape poo off of roosts at cleaning time, yes one is an ice scraper and a wide style putty/paint knife. View attachment 3255316
My next ones are a cat litter scooper to sift bedding away from poo. Also found the kneeling pad there and scored this silver cooking tool thingy at thrift store. ( For little poo's. ) View attachment 3255329
View attachment 3255334
Your turn. I hope @3KillerBs , @rosemarythyme , & @aart chime in as I've learned lots from these folks.
I have that same scraper from dollar tree...best thing ever!!

My dollar store dishbrush for waterers:

View attachment 3256184

My herding sticks:

View attachment 3256187

I don't have a photo, but I use the bottom half of the plastic containers that rotisserie chickens come in as containers for feeding mash.

I also have a small dishpan from the dollar store that I use for many purposes in the coop, including large batches of mash, open water on blistering hot days, feeding kitchen scraps, etc.
I love the fancy schmancy herding sticks!:clap . I have an old hollow broom handle and if they see me touch that thing:weeI just need some ribbons. Great idea to hang the brush, so it's handy.
I have a few clever feeding dishes too. Old ceramic pie tin, pink hosp basin( I love those things) my old stump is one of their favorite feeding stations. Oh oh I almost forgot our "red neck" storage shed!( We had upright freezer die slow death) and DH asked do I want it to replace my coop storage that I gave up due to chicken math 🤣. Well I started thinking of all the things I could hide in it so; Stored in my nice white cabinet , extra chicken shoes( no critters in them), extra egg baskets ,acv, treats, hand towels, water siphons, etc.

Back
Top Bottom